Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue XD BPM Clock/Delay Sync Drift Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgyMutt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:37 am    Post subject: Minilogue XD BPM Clock/Delay Sync Drift Issue Reply with quote

So pretty simple:

1. MC 707 sending out midi clock to XD.
2. XD is set to Clock Source Auto
3. The clock fluctuates ever so slightly (a tenth?) so that it is virtually unnoticeable but...
4. When you use a bpm delay, there is a slight pitch shift (due to slight clock movements affecting the delay) about every ten seconds give or take.
5. Its not the MC - everything works just fine with the Novation PEAK (as always - quality synth)
6. Is there any known issues with the clock sync?

thanks
goatad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same issue. Was wondering if you got any answers/solutions to this?
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the XD to internal clock and set the XD's tempo to match your song's tempo. This is a quick workaround but Korg needs to look into this. Same thing with the Prologue.
BikeMurns

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobustAmerican wrote:
Set the XD to internal clock and set the XD's tempo to match your song's tempo. This is a quick workaround but Korg needs to look into this. Same thing with the Prologue.

Thanks so much for this. I felt so dumb that I couldn't figure out what was happening, was getting these bizarre artifacts when using the delay effect to create this little mini loop thing. Midi clock was set to Auto and thus was going on the USB. Took your advice and it solved my issue perfectly. Thanks again, really appreciate it.
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem...Have fun!

BikeMurns wrote:

Thanks so much for this. I felt so dumb that I couldn't figure out what was happening, was getting these bizarre artifacts when using the delay effect to create this little mini loop thing. Midi clock was set to Auto and thus was going on the USB. Took your advice and it solved my issue perfectly. Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Nemi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobustAmerican wrote:

Thanks for helping, it works for me too. Smile
I guess there’s no point in writing this to support. This bug is just so frustrating when you have multiple projects and need to be in sync always.
I pray that they didn’t ditch the logue series updates.

Btw, in my case, this happens in Cubase, so it’s definitely XD issue.
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemi wrote:

Thanks for helping, it works for me too. Smile
I guess there’s no point in writing this to support. This bug is just so frustrating when you have multiple projects and need to be in sync always.
I pray that they didn’t ditch the logue series updates.

Btw, in my case, this happens in Cubase, so it’s definitely XD issue.

I'm using Nuendo here. A few of my other synths do the "echo warble" but only at the beginning of playback. Once sync is established, usually a bar or 2 depending on the tempo, they do not warble at all. Good luck with a track that has tempo changes though. Sad
I usually leave a bar or two of silence at the beginning of a track so everything is on the same foot when the first note sounds.

Another useful setting in Cubendo is "Send Midi Clock in Stop Mode". It's in the Transport menu under Project Synchronization Setup/Destinations. While this doesn't really help with the MiniXD or Prologue issues, it does help with my Sequential and Moog synths for instant sync on playback.
Nemi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve already got “send midi clock in stop mode” on, same thing happens with it, on or off. Sad I mostly use plugins or pedals/rack for fx, but sometimes i want to combine xd’s delay with them. Oh well, we’ll have to wait for an update or use that workaround with internal clock for now.
Nemi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ongoing issue...Just noticed that this delay drift, or warble happens to other synths as well. That is something a lot of people experience.
Still present with XD and i don't think Korg will ever update it's firmware as it seems that they have abandoned it. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: