Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Additional SSD on V1 Kronos questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omvibraphone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Additional SSD on V1 Kronos questions Reply with quote

Hi all,

I currently have a LS88 but am finding it too heavy to carry around and am thinking of downsizing. I have the option to swap it for a 61 V1 with additional 120gb SSD. Having looked through this forum amongst others, I gather that there may well be issues with the V1, and wanted to ask the following questions:

1. Am I right in thinking that any additional ssd can only handle KSC and PCG data, and that you can't save sample data from Korg/ 3rd party libraries onto an additional ssd?

2. Can ksc autoloads combine both data from an original ssd and any additional ssd?

3. As far as I can see, the V1 is missing certain EXs libraries that mean some sounds etc won't work properly, this can only be rectified by buying the particular pack that contains these EXs libraries?

Any input would be a great help, thanks!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the older Kronos models, indeed they miss some EXs like the Berlin Grand and certain string sets which come in the Kronos 2, so if you need those you will have to buy the "New Kronos Sound Pack" at https://korg.shop/promokorg1.html.

The thing I would be most concerned about is switching from a semi-weighted LS 88-key action to a 61-key non-weighted one. I suggest you at least try one before doing the move, as you might not really enjoy trying to play expressive piano parts on it. YMMV
omvibraphone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. LS88 version is non-weighted, actually (to my mind) seems a bit lighter than a 61. I wouldn't be playing piano on it, so I don't think it will be a big issue.
Thanks for the info re the missing packs, i thought that was the case.

Anyone got any insights on points 1 and 2 from my original post? Would be a great help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: