Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Sounds Mini Review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutch2019

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject: Global Sounds Mini Review Reply with quote

Hello all just wanted to write a few words on my initial experiences as a Global Sound user. I purchased the Karm Platinum pack yesterday.

Initally the purchase and installation went very smoothly. However for some reason I couldnt get the custom sounds to play although it looked as though I had loaded everything correctly.

I got in touch with the author who actually phoned me via Wattsapp and he spent at least three hours trying to help me figure out what was going on.

In the end we gave up for the night. But i decided to reinstall the OS again: first 2.0 and then 3.1 and the the Karmapack.

Lo and behold it worked! Something had pobviously unklnown to me gone wrong with the installation of the OS and as I hadnt used any custom sounds till now I hadn't noticed.

Nevertheless I was overjoyed to now try out the sounds.

Incredible support from Asena to get in touch and guide me even though the children needed to go to bed!

The sounds themsleves and the effects settings and very nice indeed and breathe a new lease of life into the instrument. Drums and guitars in particular come to life and sound more realistic.

The sound balance in the styles that come with the packet is much better with the drums and bass cutting through much more, giving everything new energy and drive.

I will do a more detailed review of the instruments once I get more time on them but just wanted to give my intial thoughts.

Its very nice to have a new benchmark in what the instrument can sound like with the right settings and samples.

Well worth the money in my opinion.

Take care

Dutch
thomasteele

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very good...I think there is new power drums to be added in an update,
dont know when though
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanna Thank you all for this, There is new update in few days coming.
Take Care of you all, And Be Safe / MAKE MUSIC

GLOBAL SOUND SWEDEN

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
aidinkabir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: KHARMA PACK PLATINUM Reply with quote

First of all, Let me tell you that you (Global Sound) performed a miracle. I and other friends have been trying for years to find a way to use VST’s with original quality in Korg arrangers, but we did not succeed 100%. You finally did it. Your work is great. Thank you Global sound. The rhythms along with the live loops you created are very pleasant and close to real musical instruments and performances. Instruments like Guitar sounds, saxophones, oriental sounds, and synth sounds are all well-recorded and ready for any Korg keyboard player either beginner to professional. I advise anyone who is looking to have the best sounds and rhythms on their Korg keyboard to get this platinum pack without wasting time. From the time I paid to receive the pack was only 30 min and also it was included live performance before purchase, full guide of how to use the sounds and modulation and rhythms arrangements. Just wonderful experience/ Well Done to Timur and Global Sound.
Recommended 1000000%%%. Aidin, UK.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: KHARMA PACK PLATINUM Reply with quote

aidinkabir wrote:
First of all, Let me tell you that you (Global Sound) performed a miracle. I and other friends have been trying for years to find a way to use VST’s with original quality in Korg arrangers, but we did not succeed 100%. You finally did it. Your work is great. Thank you Global sound. The rhythms along with the live loops you created are very pleasant and close to real musical instruments and performances. Instruments like Guitar sounds, saxophones, oriental sounds, and synth sounds are all well-recorded and ready for any Korg keyboard player either beginner to professional. I advise anyone who is looking to have the best sounds and rhythms on their Korg keyboard to get this platinum pack without wasting time. From the time I paid to receive the pack was only 30 min and also it was included live performance before purchase, full guide of how to use the sounds and modulation and rhythms arrangements. Just wonderful experience/ Well Done to Timur and Global Sound.
Recommended 1000000%%%. Aidin, UK.

Wow, This made my Morning coffe teste even stronger, Back to work then and make the updates Wink

THANK YOU ALL, This is awesome.
Take care Stay safe / Make Music

Best Regards from GLOBAL SOUND/ SWEDEN

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
GJ_PA700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dutch2019,

Seems we are from the same country, and I also bought this amazing pack.
This guy is awesome in making new sounds and improving the things he already made. Making it even better, shows that he does care about perfection in his styles and sounds. As told before, this pack is a must if you want to update your "standard" Korg sounds. Playing realisticly is for me the closest thing to the original instruments. I specially like the guitars, only these would be worth the money... but you get a whole pack with new sounds and styles, sliced loops, pick the ones you like and make a new set.
There are so many tsliced loops / pads to choose from, and adding them to the style makes it even more realistic, like playing a full band. Bravo !

The support is great from Asena, so if Korg did this kind of support to its customers, they still have a lot to learn from that.

Greetz,

GJ
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all

Great that Pete fixed you back in here GJ

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Just wanna Thank you all for this, There is new update in few days coming.
Take Care of you all, And Be Safe / MAKE MUSIC

GLOBAL SOUND SWEDEN

Any news on when the new update will be ready? Smile
steve350

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just loaded the sounds
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: KHARMA PACK PLATINUM Reply with quote

aidinkabir wrote:
.. trying for years to find a way to use VST’s with original quality in Korg arrangers ..

It is not possible to use original quality VSTs in Korg arrangers - especially with the current technology of Pa-Arrangers, that nothing has to do with VSTi or physical-modelling.

However, it has been known for a long time and is also common knowledge that these instruments, with the right settings and samples, can sound different from the factory settings.

In my experience, out of the box Korg's arrangers weren't as well tuned and sounded as good as competing products, but that quickly changed when using the available settings of built-in editor software.

For this purpose, much more powerful editing software has been installed in Pa-Arranger than in competing products. It is therefore up to the skill of the respective user how well he can prepare his sounds or where he can get good software from for improving tonal balance, to make the drums and bass cut through much more, giving an overall new energy and drive etc.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: