Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending midi note on setlist change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrahamBanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:57 am    Post subject: Sending midi note on setlist change Reply with quote

Hi all,
Thanks for any advice you might have.
I would like to have the kronos send a midi note automatically on changing the setlist selection. It will send cc messages but my light controller needs to get a midi note message.
Thanks!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use a laptop or such nearby the Kronos, you could use a simple MIDI mapper or similar freeware. I personally use MIDI-OX for such things.
GrahamBanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
If you use a laptop or such nearby the Kronos, you could use a simple MIDI mapper or similar freeware. I personally use MIDI-OX for such things.

I’ve stripped my rig down as far as possible for quick setup and tear down. And I’m trying to not touch anything but the kronos during the show. It does so many things so we’ll, but every once in a while I find something it won’t do.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's possible to set the light controller to respond to Program Change MSB and LSB messages then, if the Set List slot contains a Combi, do the following to an unused Timbre in that Combi: Set the Timbre Parameter MIDI tab Status to EXT2 and the Bank Select parameters and MIDI channel to suitable values. When the Combi is selected using the Set List, the Bank Select MSB and LSB will be sent out over MIDI.

If the light controller cannot be set to respond to Program Change CC# messages, then using a MIDI-Solutions Event Processor, or Event Processor Plus, could be employed to recognise the Program Change message and generate a suitable MIDI event in response. The MIDI Solutions Programming Tool can be downloaded for free, and allows the user to see what can be done with their various products.

https://midisolutions.com/progtool.htm

In the MIDI Solutions Programming Tool, select Event Processor or Event Processor Plus as the device and look at the function "Trigger a MIDI event"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: