Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best partner key for the pa5x 76

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject: Best partner key for the pa5x 76 Reply with quote

So imagine a 2 keyboard setup..
76 version of pa5x below..
Which keyboard would add most functionality?

Korg Kronos 61
Korg Nautilus 61
Korg wavestate/modwave
Roland Jupiter X
Roland Fantom
Roland Fantom 0
Roland Juno X
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha Montage
Yamaha MODX
Yamaha YC (61/73)
Ketron SD9
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Hydrasynth
Waldorf Irridium
DSI prophet (any)
Akai MPC key 61
Novation Summit
NI komplete S61
Crumar 61

To much choice to name them all..
what will you choose?
And why?
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: NativeInstruments Komplete Series don't work on Midi Reply with quote

i had the (bad) idea to connect the korg pa4x with a native instruments komplete s88.
I had to realise that this is not possible. Native Instruments has cut all connection possibilities with other keyboards with the latest firmware. There is only the Native Instruments system and they don't want to support any Midi configuration standalone.
I made several support calls to NI because in the manuals there was still an option for standalone Midi configuration. But no chance - they had killed this options.
Komplete standalone can only send on one single fixed midi channel. no splits no aftertouch and nothing configurable.
So a 2-key idea is no way with Native Instruments.

So now I have an NI Komplete S88 and can't use it with Korg.
I will now buy the Pa5X-88 and never do anything with Native Insruments again. they are proprietary and don't want to work with standards.
AndrewKeyz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: NativeInstruments Komplete Series don't work on Midi Reply with quote

rubenwalters wrote:
i had the (bad) idea to connect the korg pa4x with a native instruments komplete s88.
I had to realise that this is not possible. Native Instruments has cut all connection possibilities with other keyboards with the latest firmware. There is only the Native Instruments system and they don't want to support any Midi configuration standalone.
I made several support calls to NI because in the manuals there was still an option for standalone Midi configuration. But no chance - they had killed this options.
Komplete standalone can only send on one single fixed midi channel. no splits no aftertouch and nothing configurable.
So a 2-key idea is no way with Native Instruments.

So now I have an NI Komplete S88 and can't use it with Korg.
I will now buy the Pa5X-88 and never do anything with Native Insruments again. they are proprietary and don't want to work with standards.

That sounds pretty poor indeed.

A good option with a Pa5X 76 key or 61 key surely would be a weighted action or indeed opt for the Pa5X-88. It's not much different in price. You'd struggle to get a decent 88 weighted midi controller for the difference.

I listened to the Montage / MODX keyboards and the sounds (presets at least) are almost too full to be used alongside an arranger I would say. They are like mini demos by themselves. Not sure how you could use them in playing songs.
Personally I'd get another Genos (second hand) alongside a Pa5X-88. The solo instruments are still superb.
Missed one at £2000 with flight case on eBay recently. It was a great price.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The purpose of Komplete is to integrate with it’s dedicated SL keyboard and remove the dependence on having to reach for the Mouse. You can’t really fault NI for that. You can still reach for the mouse if you want and use any keyboard, but the SL Keyboards does exactly what it’s mean to do and it’s a very good system. The only catch is loading times. If you are ok to wait for samples to load, then it's the best option there is for content.

Given what AKAI just released, it wouldn’t surprise me if NI dropped a keyboard themselves very soon that’s based on Komplete. I can dream of having Kontakt inside a Keyboard. It would be pretty epic.

Regards
Sharp.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
The purpose of Komplete is to integrate with it’s dedicated SL keyboard and remove the dependence on having to reach for the Mouse. You can’t really fault NI for that. You can still reach for the mouse if you want and use any keyboard, but the SL Keyboards does exactly what it’s mean to do and it’s a very good system. The only catch is loading times. If you are ok to wait for samples to load, then it's the best option there is for content.

Given what AKAI just released, it wouldn’t surprise me if NI dropped a keyboard themselves very soon that’s based on Komplete. I can dream of having Kontakt inside a Keyboard. It would be pretty epic.

Regards
Sharp.

The NI komplete works very well in a studio setting.. just not in a live setting where its more dependant on the DAW of choice..

Rumors indicate there is a NI keyboard comming with an improved version (prcessor and memmory) of the maschine + inside. But somehow then NI needs to give us a solution for the smaller screens …. Maybe use an Ipad as the edditor screen?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: