Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STREAM DECK & KORG KRONOS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Umut Erhan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: STREAM DECK & KORG KRONOS Reply with quote

Hello guys! 🖖 I’m finally working on the Rock Combi Pack I promised a while ago. I constantly jump between Kronos and my computer while working, so to speed up my workflow, I made a Stream Deck profile for Kronos and you can download it for free! It sends Sysex and Midi messages for things like Karma Scenes and Switches, Mute/Solo operations, etc. It is super useful for the studio and also for the stage when Kronos is used with a computer.
I even made a macro to prepare the combi for multiple scenes 😃 It does this with a push of a button:

- Checks A, B, C, D for the first 4 rows on "Perf RTP" tab
- Assigns Sw1-8 to each row
- Selects “Key Zones” from Group menus for each row
- Turns off the “Run” boxes on GE Setup tab
- Changes “Module Control” to “Master”
- Changes “Control Surface” mode to “RT Knobs/Karma”
- Turns Karma On

You can read about it on my blog. I also have a bonus tip there for sharing a qwerty keyboard between Kronos and computer:

https://umuterhan.com/2022/07/01/stream-deck-korg-kronos/

www.umuterhan.com
www.uesound.com -> Kronos Combi Pack & Sequencer Pack
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool. I built myself a Virtual Stream Deck using an Android Tablet that connects directly to the KRONOS as a Midi Controller. Comes in very handy as I’ve certain macro’s written that do various complicated tasks. Doesn't have that nice tactile feedback you get from a Stream Deck though.

Regards
Sharp.
Umut Erhan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I also tried my old iPad for similar needs but as you said there is no tactile feedback from the buttons. Then I built my own Arduino buttons with an OLED screen but then visual feedback was limited. So Stream Deck has both in a nice package. Of course, it's not standalone like those setups but when combined with Keyboard Maestro on Mac, the sky is the limit! Laughing

www.umuterhan.com
www.uesound.com -> Kronos Combi Pack & Sequencer Pack
timg11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Pretty cool. I built myself a Virtual Stream Deck using an Android Tablet that connects directly to the KRONOS as a Midi Controller. Comes in very handy as I’ve certain macro’s written that do various complicated tasks. Doesn't have that nice tactile feedback you get from a Stream Deck though.

Hi Sharp - a macro environment for an Android tablet sounds really useful. Have you been able to share your code on Github or elsewhere?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I took the lazy way out from a GUI point of view and hard coded it. To make it universal I'd have to build GUI that allows you to select and assemble midi events from a table in order to generate a macro you would need.

Might see what's involved in that, or if something like it already exists.

Regards
Sharp.
BlackForest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: STREAM DECK & KORG KRONOS Reply with quote

So, there's definitely no possibilty to connect the Stream Deck directly to the Kronos, also not with the latest version of the deck?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: