Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chord recognition delays?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tordenspyd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Chord recognition delays? Reply with quote

Chord recognition delays?

I have delay in recognition of chords sent to Pa4X( next vers 3.1) over USB.
when playing styles controlled by computer. Is that normal? Does it have to be like that?

How it is ( a simple example): Say I have a style with a bass pattern playing the root on the 1st and 3rd beat. And I have chords being 1 bar of Dm followed by one with Am. Then the result coming out of Pa4X is that the 2nd bar starts with a short note of D, which it should not, and then comes the A, which should be there, but it is 10 msec too late, and the short D in front has messed it up. Then the A on the third beat is perfect and as long as the chord is constant ,every beat is accurate to better than 0.2 ms. This delay when changing chords does not apply to nontransposed tracks such as drums.
To compensate for this I have to send the chords 10 ms before they apply, and in Logic Pro which I use I can select to send all events on the track with chords 10 ms before the midi time.

But without it....
there is a delay and double hit at every chord change, but only when thee is chord change.

Further without the compensation..
the delay is fairly constant 10 ms, I've checked for tempo down to 5 BPM. The relative error then of course gets less by speeding it up for playback, however the false note triggering still remains, so the notes defining the chord occurrence has to be moved to occur earlier..

When playing the style manually from the Pa4X keyboard, I guess we/people naturally compensate for this by our playing.

If I construct a quick step record by entering the chords in the Pa4X sequencer, there is no delay and double strikes of notes. ( So the operation is different over USB than in the internal sequencer).

peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: