Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Bank Change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mersip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject: Midi Bank Change Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I have a Kronos 2 and a Korg TR. I am mainly using the TR as an extended keyboard, but recently I’ve decided to use some of the sounds on the TR to take the pressure off the Kronos (there are too many voices in some Combinations meaning dropouts).

In my Combi on the Kronos, I use Channel 16 to change the Combi number I am using on the TR (by setting Status to EX2 and using the Bank Programme to determine the number of the Combi on the TR that want).

However, I only seem to be able to change to a Combi within a preset Bank (ie I have to set the Bank on the TR manually). Is it possible to also tell the TR which Combi Bank to go to? I thought the MSB and LSB settings would allow me to do that (accessed from the Timbre Parameter /Midi page) but it doesn’t seem to change anything. I thought, for example, that setting MSB to 1 would put me in Bank A, while 3 would put me in Bank C.

I have checked the Global Midi Settings on the TR and they are all enabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kronos2 73 and TR-76
Theramin
PreSonus StudioLive AR16 mixer
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the answer to this as well for controlling my Tritons. Kronos changes the banks on my Kross and Karma by seeming to not be interested in a bank change command, but just patch number. But with the Tritons I've had to dedicate a bank to all the patches I want to link with the Kronos.

Nothing is ever straight forward .... I wonder why that is? And whilst I'm at it, I'm still waiting for that Piano Roll Editor lol.

Steve
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you inputted the Bank Value you need into the LSB Value,leave the MSB at 0

Most synths will only use the LSB value to select Banks,unless the Synths manufacturer implemented a different Midi format.

The MSB Value would only be used to select banks well beyond the scope of the LSB value(0-127) so this gives the option of selecting thousands of banks with the combination of the two messages so in most cases the MSB is not needed unless they have Thousands of individual banks,like the GM/XG/GS format..

To select a sound on your external gear from the Korg combi/seq try the following

MSB=Value 0

LSB=Value 0 Bank A/1
Value 1 Bank B/2
Value 2 Bank C/3 etc,etc

Program Change Value 0-127
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
Mersip

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I have tried that and unfortunately it hasn’t worked. There must be something in my Global settings either on the TR or the Kronos which is stopping it from recognising the Bank change.

Kronos2 73 and TR-76
Theramin
PreSonus StudioLive AR16 mixer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: