Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the wavestate as a multitrack studio tool?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject: the wavestate as a multitrack studio tool? Reply with quote

I thought that it's obviously fun and great to use and perform live, and I love how incredibly deep it is. but how about recording it and using it in recordings and studio work? is there any way to record the multitimbral performances from all the parts other than a summed two track mix out of the audio outputs? I like the idea of using drums on the ws but also the pads and maybe another part and I would like to mix these various parts of the mutlitimbral synth later in a daw. legit question, can this be done, I am on the fence about buying one and need to know how to get around this? If I do an amazing live performance with more than one instrument on the ws I want to be able to mix all the parts individually.
thark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a bunch of recordings last year that used the Wavestate a lot. Probably not in the way you’re talking about, though. Check out Soundcloud and search for 13amplifiers.

You could try turning off three of the four layers in a performance and recording it and then move on to the next layer. That way you could have each layer recorded on a separate track which could then be mixed as desired. I have to admit that I hadn’t thought of this before and it might be interesting to try.

Keith
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: the wavestate as a multitrack studio tool? Reply with quote

9853058 wrote:
but how about recording it and using it in recordings and studio work? is there any way to record the multitimbral performances from all the parts other than a summed two track mix out of the audio outputs? I like the idea of using drums on the ws but also the pads and maybe another part and I would like to mix these various parts of the mutlitimbral synth later in a daw. legit question, can this be done, I am on the fence about buying one and need to know how to get around this? If I do an amazing live performance with more than one instrument on the ws I want to be able to mix all the parts individually.

I do this all the time. As Thark already mentioned, each layer has a physical on/off switch so you can easily track the layers/parts into your daw one at a time for proper mixing. Or, you can assign each layer to a different midi channel and simply mute the separate midi tracks/channels in your daw to achieve the same thing with a slightly different work flow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: