Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappointment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
I used to use an fcb1010 as a pedalboard for some time and it was way better than ec5..

I still have my FCB1010 - the biggest issue was using it for SYSEX functions for which THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A MIDI IMPLEMENTATION MANUAL.

We've asked for this a million time since the very beginning of the PA series.
There are functions which are very hard to program in the FCB1010 like "Bass Inversion toggle", "Rotary Speaker speed toggle" etc... there are many functions that the EC5 can be directly assigned to that are not at easy (if not impossible) with the MIDI pedal and without MIDI configuration details.

EC5 is perfect - they would make $$$ by offering an EC10!!! A critical performance tool.

Not happy about this at all....

Yes my sentiments exactly... maybe time to create the usual sticky categories now so issue like this can be organised for those in the know who will browse these pages Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion re stickies - I will wait a little bit as some of the concerns have already been cleared up from the manual etc...
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Good suggestion re stickies - I will wait a little bit as some of the concerns have already been cleared up from the manual etc...

OK great Pete...interestingly after spending 4hrs with PA5X at my Korg dealer yesterday "Keysounds UK" who are one of the best stores in the UK (hens I drive 3-1/2hrs to them) when it comes to long term after-sales support and who work closely with KORG UK and are very committed to feeding back information with on-going developments with new product like PA5X...So the "EC5 foot controller" was part of are discussions yesterday and I also have the FCB1010 which you have covered historically many times Pete and this was also included as part of this discussion... there is know doubt this is on everyone's radar now and i could not emphasise strongly enough with my korg dealer this over-site not to include or exspand on the EC5 controller with USB now which I would see as a logical approach with PA5X...

KORG UK are holding a Official PA5X Event in conjunction with Keysounds in a few weeks time which I will attend and are usually very interesting and useful when meeting the official representatives of a manufacturer (KORG) and I will be lobbying hard over this matter with the team from KORG UK... Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched a re-play of Korg's webinar with Luke - was well done.
In a brief moment I saw a "catch" button on a screen and was VERY excited hoping they had implemented Roland's brilliant "slider-catch" technology - sadly not - oh well!!

Seems there's a lot to be "finished" yet - I have a good feeling about it in general though and look forward to some fast and furious updates...
In general, I feel like it leaves the competition way behind now... however, this seems to be a much earlier pre-release than the PA4x.

Updates will HAVE to be in place before I part with this amount of money...

Take it easy

Pete Very Happy
iOpus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the Korg people are not here on this forum. We write here only for us. This looks like a proverb to me: The dogs bark (we the users) and the caravan (Korg) goes away. Very Happy

I'm waiting for my pa5x to arrive in a week and after everything I've read here and on other forums about the things that aren't there and don't work, I have a feeling I'll be left with my finger in my mouth. Shocked
I have sold my excellent Pa4x. If I had it, I would have had time to fix the new one.
The problem is that apart from the factory rhythms and sounds, I also use my own rhythms and sounds (Which are very important to me).
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
I have sold my excellent Pa4x. If I had it, I would have had time to fix the new one.

WOW!! You took a huge risk. I have 2 reasons I cannot buy the PA5x right now:-
1. I can't afford ($$$) to have both keyboards
2. The PA5X is released way too soon for reliability and stability - too many concerns for me but it will come good I'm sure - I just have to wait.

So, when you get your PA5x we are here to help you get your files converted as best we can.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
iOpus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
iOpus wrote:

So, when you get your PA5x we are here to help you get your files converted as best we can.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Thank yоu Pete.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61

Last edited by iOpus on Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
As far as I know the Korg people are not here on this forum.

We write here only for us. This looks like a proverb to me: The dogs bark (we the users) and the caravan (Korg) goes away. Very Happy

I'm waiting for my pa5x to arrive in a week and after everything I've read here and on other forums about the things that aren't there and don't work, I have a feeling I'll be left with my finger in my mouth. Shocked
The problem is that apart from the factory rhythms and sounds, I also use my own rhythms and sounds (Which are very important to me).

Not exactly correct.

Korg Staff do visit the forum but not in an official capacity but rest assured the adverse comments will get back to Korg.

Good luck with your 5X and do post comments on how you find it.
iOpus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what we've read here and other forums, the Korg Pa5x has too many problems to fix. (For me,аlmost impossible to solve on time)
To be honest, to me this looks like when Microsoft (after the the best Windows 7) released Windows 8 (Тhe worst Windows) and after a while they tried to fix it with Windows 8.1. So that they finally give up and switch to Windows 10 instead.
I think Korg might not be to blame if these select testers didn't get the job done. They were being very selfish and only wanted to please Korg, of course they must have kept the keyboard for free.

I apologize if I sound very disappointing, but let me tell you one thing, after so much experience producing arrangers and solving their problems, it is a shame that this has happened. Korg is still a serious institution.

I'm done with posts like this. I'm due to pick up my Pa5x today and can only report back on how I'm struggling with the issues and how I'm solving them.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
From what we've read here and other forums, the Korg Pa5x has too many problems to fix. (For me,аlmost impossible to solve on time)
To be honest, to me this looks like when Microsoft (after the the best Windows 7) released Windows 8 (Тhe worst Windows) and after a while they tried to fix it with Windows 8.1. So that they finally give up and switch to Windows 10 instead.
I think Korg might not be to blame if these select testers didn't get the job done. They were being very selfish and only wanted to please Korg, of course they must have kept the keyboard for free.

I apologize if I sound very disappointing, but let me tell you one thing, after so much experience producing arrangers and solving their problems, it is a shame that this has happened. Korg is still a serious institution.

I'm done with posts like this. I'm due to pick up my Pa5x today and can only report back on how I'm struggling with the issues and how I'm solving them.

In part I may agree but any blame should be held squarely at the Senior Management at Korg Italy.... my sympathy is with the passionate developers of these products who work inside Korg who have to witness the Fallout from these senior decision when perhaps running too early....

Also I would include the Distributors and Dealers who are also passionate about these products who have to work round all this and of course the end user... The customer and where would Korg be without there customers and a passionate lot we are about these products in there fully working form...

In the meantime I made the decision to run with this and this was for many reasons...

So i will remain constructive and positive as this is the only logical way to be after my personal decision to purchase PA5X
and i will continue to be supportive of all the above, but...excluding the senior management at Korg Italy who will get to know me once PA5X is running satisfactorily as there will clearly be a need for some sort of review.

Smile

Last edited by D575 on Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:36 am; edited 5 times in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In part I may agree but any blame should be held squarely at the Senior Management at Korg Italy.

I may be wrong but my understanding was that Korg Italy no longer have control over release and marketing decisions since the management re-structure quite a while ago.
I also believe this is why we no longer (for a long time) have heard anything from our Italian team friends on our forums.
I do not think Italy is to blame at all (BUT, as I said, I may be wrong)

Very Happy
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
In part I may agree but any blame should be held squarely at the Senior Management at Korg Italy.

I may be wrong but my understanding was that Korg Italy no longer have control over release and marketing decisions since the management re-structure quite a while ago.
I also believe this is why we no longer (for a long time) have heard anything from our Italian team friends on our forums.
I do not think Italy is to blame at all (BUT, as I said, I may be wrong)

Very Happy

OK i stand corrected...excluding the word "Italy" i will just say "Senior Korg Management" Smile
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I donít have any sympathy for Korg at this moment, I have more sympathy for the end-user, for the keyboard players who read the specifications where it says blah blah blah blah and blah and more blah in this new flagships Webb page where they promise things which is Obviously not working at this point!
And remind that the keyboard is not for free it cost 5K!
And since the old guys who knew all about to Creating arranger workstations seems not to be on there track Anymore.
They are not working for korg anymore.
And when I turn on my PA 5X I can see that the things I was waiting and asked for like many of us is not even included on it! Yes I undarstand that manny things are added, that are useful and nice to.
We have a place on this forum where are we ask improvements for the next coming unit.
We all tried to help with fantastic ideas.
Smal things, not Rocket scientist.
Instead they deleted the good things we had use for.
And believe me I have enough with people who tries to close their eyes and waiting for better times.
Including me, I am also waiting but not for better times Iím waiting for what they promised, I am waiting for an update, Iím waiting for 8gb, Iím waityfor my style creator, Iím waiting for fully working songbook,I am also waiting for an answer from the creators,from the people behind the scene,
Like I mentioned above, This is not a thing from CIA or rocket scientist or Area 51, this is only a musical instrument with lot off work behind, I fully understand that, and yes Korg is a great company.
But someone from one of the leaders, can at least try to explain that Somethingís messed up but We will be fine in the end.
For now, all we read is, on this forum , and lot of other places.
And The frustration is growing for every day!
And most of it is because we donít have any clue on whatís going to happen and when itís going to be happen.
Komplete Kontrol s 61 mk2
Korg Kronos 2
Yamaha Montage
Nektar Panorama 61
TC-helicon VL2/Novation SL MK 2/IPAD/IMAC2019/
Macbookpro-Ssd 2019/Imac2019/Logic ProX/Mackie1608/Neuman/HS8/Komplette13HDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2/Allen HeathQU16/SoundCraft EFX12/YAMAHA MG12//
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager3.0

Last edited by Asena on Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys it is not that bad of a situation...
Yes the OS is not finished but it is not an unfixable thing.
They ll need some time to implement what is missing and correct the bugs that i guess they already know and some that they don't and we are reporting to them but in less than a year ( my guess is like 6 to 8 months ) it will be fully working with all the new things that have been added i believe.
After the first (almost) 20 days of playing with it , i still haven't had any issues with restarts etc (apart from midi import in style edit which is not working properly anyway as it seems unfinished so it ll be fixed).
I can now also play with it live if i want as knowing the current limitations i can avoid them.
I spent the last 2 weeks playing only with the internal sample library and modifying or making my own sounds around it and i have to say that i no longer feel the need to load external samples apart from very specific samples that are for local Greek music and so it feels logical for it to not have good or any samples to fit that purpose in it...

The situation was about the same with pa4x too back in the day it was released and that time they hadn't even changed the whole system..
Now we are talking about a complete GUI rewrite and a big engine rewrite and upgrade compared to any older model.
So it is logical , although it shouldn't happen given the time they had to at least implement all the functions even if it some would be buggy at first , to be in a bit worse state that previous models when released...

Enjoy it and learn it a bit more in depth if you have it and you ll be amazed about what it can already do even as it is now and the updates will start rolling in a few months (2-3) making it what it was meant to be (and more things will come in the future for it).

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
Guys it is not that bad of a situation...
Yes the OS is not finished but it is not an unfixable thing.
They ll need some time to implement what is missing and correct the bugs that i guess they already know and some that they don't and we are reporting to them but in less than a year ( my guess is like 6 to 8 months ) it will be fully working with all the new things that have been added i believe.
After the first (almost) 20 days of playing with it , i still haven't had any issues with restarts etc (apart from midi import in style edit which is not working properly anyway as it seems unfinished so it ll be fixed).
I can now also play with it live if i want as knowing the current limitations i can avoid them.
I spent the last 2 weeks playing only with the internal sample library and modifying or making my own sounds around it and i have to say that i no longer feel the need to load external samples apart from very specific samples that are for local Greek music and so it feels logical for it to not have good or any samples to fit that purpose in it...

The situation was about the same with pa4x too back in the day it was released and that time they hadn't even changed the whole system..
Now we are talking about a complete GUI rewrite and a big engine rewrite and upgrade compared to any older model.
So it is logical , although it shouldn't happen given the time they had to at least implement all the functions even if it some would be buggy at first , to be in a bit worse state that previous models when released...

Enjoy it and learn it a bit more in depth if you have it and you ll be amazed about what it can already do even as it is now and the updates will start rolling in a few months (2-3) making it what it was meant to be (and more things will come in the future for it).

I undarstand and respect your explanation.
But me including some other I know very well had freeze of the keyboard, and yea I know that the os is alphabeta etc.
I also find out that the keyboard sounds fantastic, I also understand that itís the best of Pa series , and undarstand that the ideas behind is awesome if it will work,
But trying to just move my old set to the Pa5 from 4 is like a huge pain in the Ö..
I try to load some of my smal and simple stuff but NO it says I canít or it just hangs.
Also the 3/4 hrs is a waiting that I hate, when in the end is says Error.

10 hrs I could not have been able to fix anything than lose of time, and hair🫣😩
Komplete Kontrol s 61 mk2
Korg Kronos 2
Yamaha Montage
Nektar Panorama 61
TC-helicon VL2/Novation SL MK 2/IPAD/IMAC2019/
Macbookpro-Ssd 2019/Imac2019/Logic ProX/Mackie1608/Neuman/HS8/Komplette13HDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2/Allen HeathQU16/SoundCraft EFX12/YAMAHA MG12//
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager3.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: