Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buyer's Remorse
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjStiky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:24 pm    Post subject: Buyer's Remorse Reply with quote

Have to admit.. I'm having buyers remorse due to all the bugs and missing basic features I've been reading about. I'm really thinking of canceling my order and just sticking with my PA4X. I really dont want to though Sad
davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps - I haven't experienced any buyers remorse.

I'm fairly new to music, so I don't have the experience of others on the forum. I do have a 4X, and am familiar with it, just not to the level of the performing musicians here.

I can say this, the sound is truly amazing! I find myself playing the 5x so much more often than I did the 4x. The bugs I'm sure will be worked out. They are there - but they are bugs. For me not a show stopper (but I don't start any shows) Razz

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
DjStiky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In contrast, I have many shows every week and I’m constantly travelling to different countries on a weekly basis. I too wouldn’t mind and would be patient if I was new to music. However I don’t think the PA5X is ready to handle live shows, especially when I mostly rely I self made styles and for which almost every style edit function from the PA4X is essential. Not having something as simple as quantizing is really a deal breaker. I also can’t simply cross my fingers and hope Korg addresses these shortcomings in time.
It’s gonna hurt me to cancel my order tomorrow morning Sad
Maybe once an update gets released, depending on what has been addressed, I might order again.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjStiky wrote:
In contrast, I have many shows every week and I’m constantly travelling to different countries on a weekly basis. I too wouldn’t mind and would be patient if I was new to music. However I don’t think the PA5X is ready to handle live shows, especially when I mostly rely I self made styles and for which almost every style edit function from the PA4X is essential. Not having something as simple as quantizing is really a deal breaker. I also can’t simply cross my fingers and hope Korg addresses these shortcomings in time.
Maybe once an update gets released, depending on what has been addressed, I might order again.

If you're gonna be able to have it sit around the house and start getting it ready as updates come, then you shouldn't have buyer's remorse.

If you bought one to use for your 'that many' live shows ASAP? Then no, you should've waited a good 6 to 12 months if not more... and even that might not be long enough. Sometimes people use the keyboard in a very specific way. Certain features might not be a priority to fix but essential to you for that exact reason. It happens all the time. I've had Korg Arranger keyboards since 2008 and I've yet to use the SongBook feature once. I could care less if it's buggy, or they drop it altogether. To many others though, that's one of the main features, right? So deal breaker bugs might not matter to others at all. You gotta be very patient. This keyboard doesn't even have a full manual out yet!

DjStiky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
DjStiky wrote:

If you're gonna be able to have it sit around the house and start getting it ready as updates come, then you shouldn't have buyer's remorse.

If you bought one to use for your 'that many' live shows ASAP? Then no, you should've waited a good 6 to 12 months if not more... and even that might not be long enough. Sometimes people use the keyboard in a very specific way. Certain features might not be a priority to fix but essential to you for that exact reason. It happens all the time. I've had Korg Arranger keyboards since 2008 and I've yet to use the SongBook feature once. I could care less if it's buggy, or they drop it altogether. To many others though, that's one of the main features, right? So deal breaker bugs might not matter to others at all. You gotta be very patient. This keyboard doesn't even have a full manual out yet!

I totally agree with you, and I'm somewhat similar to you. And yes I was counting on being able to replace the PA4X and use it for gigs right away.
Like yourself, I dont use the Songbook either, never have so not priority for me. However basic things missing like for style edit mode, quantizing, deleting notes, copy, etc... or Styles and keyboard sets being sorted alphabetically instead of the slot you save it in, or even the lower sound staying active during intro1, etc... Unfortunately too many for my playing style to name.
I unfortunately have no choice to wait this one out like you said for a few months.
Was looking forward to it though and canceling it sucks. Not happy.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjStiky wrote:

I totally agree with you, and I'm somewhat similar to you. And yes I was counting on being able to replace the PA4X and use it for gigs right away.
Like yourself, I dont use the Songbook either, never have so not priority for me. However basic things missing like for style edit mode, quantizing, deleting notes, copy, etc... or Styles and keyboard sets being sorted alphabetically instead of the slot you save it in, or even the lower sound staying active during intro1, etc... Unfortunately too many for my playing style to name.
I unfortunately have no choice to wait this one out like you said for a few months.
Was looking forward to it though and canceling it sucks. Not happy.

For beginners, home players, and even gigging musicians who don't do a whole lot of menu diving this should be a pretty safe investment now.

You are on thin ice on this one.

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sam CA"][quote="DjStiky"]In contrast, I have many shows every week and I’m constantly travelling to different countries on a weekly basis. I too wouldn’t mind and would be patient if I was new to music. However I don’t think the PA5X is ready to handle live shows, especially when I mostly rely I self made styles and for which almost every style edit function from the PA4X is essential. Not having something as simple as quantizing is really a deal breaker. I also can’t simply cross my fingers and hope Korg addresses these shortcomings in time.
Maybe once an update gets released, depending on what has been addressed, I might order again.[/quote]

If you bought one to use for your 'that many' live shows ASAP? Then no, you should've waited a good 6 to 12 months if not more... and even that might not be long enough. Sometimes people use the keyboard in a very specific way. Certain features might not be a priority to fix but essential to you for that exact reason. It happens all the time. I've had Korg Arranger keyboards since 2008 and I've yet to use the SongBook feature once. I could care less if it's buggy, or they drop it altogether. To many others though, that's one of the main features, right? So deal breaker bugs might not matter to others at all. You gotta be very patient. This keyboard doesn't even have a full manual out yet![/quote]

This is a no brainer . Cancel the order and continue to use your existing korgpa4x . Your money can sit in your bank account and gain interest until korg either finish the product they have mis sold ( because this is a case of organised fraudulent mis selling ) or you decide to go another direction . You could be waiting many many months on a finished product from korg and they not address the issues you need to be fixed .

I suspect the initial price is going to fall on the pa5x anyway or there might be some used ones on the market in the 12 months to come .

Don’t give your hard earned money to frauds . Yes that’s what I am calling this . What else can you call selling a product that is advertised as having g certain functions that are not in the product sold to you ?

It’s outrageous . I dont even own the product but I am embarrassed for korg owners who parted with good money for this incomplete product .

Under uk trading laws , I have no idea how they are getting away with this .
DjStiky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:

This is a no brainer . Cancel the order and continue to use your existing korgpa4x . Your money can sit in your bank account and gain interest until korg either finish the product they have mis sold ( because this is a case of organised fraudulent mis selling ) or you decide to go another direction . You could be waiting many many months on a finished product from korg and they not address the issues you need to be fixed .

I suspect the initial price is going to fall on the pa5x anyway or there might be some used ones on the market in the 12 months to come .

Don’t give your hard earned money to frauds . Yes that’s what I am calling this . What else can you call selling a product that is advertised as having g certain functions that are not in the product sold to you ?

It’s outrageous . I dont even own the product but I am embarrassed for korg owners who parted with good money for this incomplete product .

Under uk trading laws , I have no idea how they are getting away with this .

I canceled the order yesterday and told them I would end up ordering again depending on the updates Korg releases.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjStiky wrote:

I canceled the order yesterday and told them I would end up ordering again depending on the updates Korg releases.

Smart move!

MikeMusik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be contacting Sweetwater on Mobday to see if they would accept to return it.

Spending that money when I can’t use it doesn’t make sense to me more and more each passing day.

If Korg at least makes a statement saying they are targeting an OS release that addresses some bugs, then okay… but I’m (and everyone) left out in the dark.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeMusik wrote:
I will be contacting Sweetwater on Mobday to see if they would accept to return it.

Spending that money when I can’t use it doesn’t make sense to me more and more each passing day.

If Korg at least makes a statement saying they are targeting an OS release that addresses some bugs, then okay… but I’m (and everyone) left out in the dark.

It's a shame to see all this as the product has i believe huge potential Excluding all the issues with a strong customer following historically, and I agree KORG need to do a Public Relations Exercise to quell any further disappointment and hesitation with PA5X...

But sadly I have a feeling that will not happen as this is just not the way they seem to do business.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
MikeMusik wrote:

It's a shame to see all this as the product has i believe huge potential Excluding all the issues with a strong customer following historically, and I agree KORG need to do a Public Relations Exercise to quell any further disappointment and hesitation with PA5X...

But sadly I have a feeling that will not happen as this is just not the way they seem to do business.

Than it’s theirs loose!
Lot of people returns their Pa 5x and I do not believe they are gonna pick them up after an eventual update either,
I believe manny Korgys just lose their trust!
I do not think they THE KORG, will rise up that easy from this mistake.
Even if people loves korg they are smart enough to undarstand that, in the end they pay for it!
2022 and there is no time for mistakes.
I stil believe that, maybe just maybe they will fix this.
But like I said, time is money 💰

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
D575 wrote:
MikeMusik wrote:

Than it’s theirs loose!
Lot of people returns their Pa 5x and I do not believe they are gonna pick them up after an eventual update either,
I believe manny Korgys just lose their trust!
I do not think they THE KORG, will rise up that easy from this mistake.
Even if people loves korg they are smart enough to undarstand that, in the end they pay for it!
2022 and there is no time for mistakes.
I stil believe that, maybe just maybe they will fix this.
But like I said, time is money 💰

Of course Asena people must do what they feel is right for them...

All I can say from a personal point of view is I intended to take a more pragmatic approach despite my own frustration (with many others)

So i am not going to cut my nose off and spite my face for the future...

But clearly for those who rely on income from products like this then of course it is fair to say "PA5X Not Quite Ready For You Just Yet" which is a shame and a failing on KORG's part....

But never say never to your friends, colleagues and associates because emotions can be very unreliable in the heat of the moment as we acknowledge...PA5X is having a bumpy start... Smile

Last edited by D575 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cannot see why anyone lurches into buying any product as complex as a Pa 5X without verifying that it will serve their actual needs in the release version.

Yes, there will be bugs, its a brand new OS, so why not wait and see what others post regarding the bugs and see if they are a deal breaker for you before you buy?
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
I just cannot see why anyone lurches into buying any product as complex as a Pa 5X without verifying that it will serve their actual needs in the release version.

Yes, there will be bugs, its a brand new OS, so why not wait and see what others post regarding the bugs and see if they are a deal breaker for you before you buy?

Nobody supposed so many bugs if any. After releasing there was a joy. None of footage indicates any bugs, but show advantages of new Korg pa5x.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: