Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any way to transfer from Triton Extreme to Nautilus/Kronos?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffkluth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject: Any way to transfer from Triton Extreme to Nautilus/Kronos? Reply with quote

I'm interested in getting a Nautilus or Kronos and wondering if there is any possible way to transfer my programs, combination , user arpeggiator patterns from the Triton Extreme to either one of these 2 keyboards. I have SYSX dumps from my Triton Extreme. Via software ? or SYSX transfer ? Lots of work that I would have to do fro, scratch if there isn't a solution. Thanks very much, Jeff.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these are custom Programs and Combis, the sound architectures of the Kronos and Nautilus are too different from the Triton to make a simple transfer possible, so it's going to be a labour of love to transfer everything across. Korg issued a free "Best of Triton" sound pack, with versions for the Kronos and Nautilus. There are 128 Programs in this pack. The manuals that come in the packs contain the Voice Name List. Have a look to see if there are any favourites. The packs can be downloaded from here:

https://korg.shop/sound-libraries/kronos-nautilus/krs08.html

timg11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jeffkluth, I had a similar problem 10 years ago going from Triton Studio to Kronos. I added a Combi converter to my SysexFiler utility

There is a help file for the Triton to Kronos Combi converter.

I have not tested with Triton Extreme, but it should work if the sysex is compatible. I was never able to expand this to convert programs - I just selected the best sounding program for each slot in the Combis. For me, a lot of the effort was in customizing the combis with splits and layers, so that was automated by this tool.
schmidti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
@jeffkluth, I had a similar problem 10 years ago going from Triton Studio to Kronos. I added a Combi converter to my SysexFiler utility

There is a help file for the Triton to Kronos Combi converter.

I have not tested with Triton Extreme, but it should work if the sysex is compatible. I was never able to expand this to convert programs - I just selected the best sounding program for each slot in the Combis. For me, a lot of the effort was in customizing the combis with splits and layers, so that was automated by this tool.

Hi Tim,
I tried it on my Tex but it does not work…
There are always error messages
Could someone help me?

Best regards from Germany

Markus
timg11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@schmidti, I haven't used the Triton or the combi converter for 10 years. I never tested with a Triton Extreme since I had a Triton Studio.
If you want to post a screen shot of the error, and the sysex file that you're using as a source, I'll have a look. If it is something easy, I'll see what can be done, but no guarantees....
schmidti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
@schmidti, I haven't used the Triton or the combi converter for 10 years. I never tested with a Triton Extreme since I had a Triton Studio.
If you want to post a screen shot of the error, and the sysex file that you're using as a source, I'll have a look. If it is something easy, I'll see what can be done, but no guarantees....

Thanks for your answer…
I will post pictures soon …
The structure of Triton Studio or Extreme should be the same…
I will send you a PM with the PCG File of it Is helpful
Thank you very much for your help

Greets
Markus
schmidti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:

Here are the screenshots of the problem
https://ibb.co/cJSbJnt
https://ibb.co/bsPLjP5
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used this program, but the error message looks like an uninitialized pointer to data that may not exist. The value 83 you have in the Prog field may be out of range (too high). Try changing it to a lower value, perhaps 62 as in the help file. Just a guess.
schmidti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
I have never used this program, but the error message looks like an uninitialized pointer to data that may not exist. The value 83 you have in the Prog field may be out of range (too high). Try changing it to a lower value, perhaps 62 as in the help file. Just a guess.

Thanks for your help but the error message is still the same… 🙁
timg11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SysExFiler has never been used or tested with Triton Extreme before. I'm traveling, and won't be able to look into it for a while. @schmidti sent me a PM with a link to a file on a sharing service that is blocked as a security risk, so we'll have to figure out a a transfer method. If I can get the Triton Extreme data in SysEx files, I'll see if there is an easy fix. Also please send me the Triton Extreme MIDI implementation documents - I'm not sure if they are available for download anymore. As I mentioned, I have not looked at this code for 10 years, so no guarantees.
schmidti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
SysExFiler has never been used or tested with Triton Extreme before. I'm traveling, and won't be able to look into it for a while. @schmidti sent me a PM with a link to a file on a sharing service that is blocked as a security risk, so we'll have to figure out a a transfer method. If I can get the Triton Extreme data in SysEx files, I'll see if there is an easy fix. Also please send me the Triton Extreme MIDI implementation documents - I'm not sure if they are available for download anymore. As I mentioned, I have not looked at this code for 10 years, so no guarantees.

Sorry about that
The sharing service is my private cloud but if it is not possible in this way please send me a PM with your email adress so I can send you the small files in an easier way.
You can be sure this is a save file 👍🏻
schmidti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my last try... 😎
I'm offering 50 USD via Paypal to the 1st who manages to convert a Kronos pcg file with the included combinations from the Korg Triton Extreme Sysex file or my pcg file.

please send me a PM and I will send the files you have to convert

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: