Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create style from midi file
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Create style from midi file Reply with quote

This has been the most important feature that has transformed my playing and enjoyment over the last few years. I cannot praise it enough, can`t find the words to say how great it is. (My 4x, 1000 and 700)

The best Korg feature ever, together with Songbook of course.

So why have they dumped it from Pa5x ???? Baffling, a stupid decision from Korg. From the hundreds of songs in my Songbooks, the best ones by a mile are the ones created from free midi files.

Good luck with your new Pa5x, just not for me I am afraid.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, 100%

But i think and HOPE, they will ad this feature on the Update!
If not, well, simply people will stay away from a expensive PA5X.
why change it, if the 4 x can give you more, for a half price.
SO, KORG, must ad this, and even ad more things like KAOSS PAD, and Audio Style.
because there is rumors that NEW YAMAHA GENOS 2 is on the way, If KORG don,t wanna lose the cash form others they must give this a PUSH!
In this days, its not good to downgrade things for that kind of Money they ask for it.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
usaraiya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been mentioned here earlier, that Korg will enable the MIDI to style and the KAOSS features in future updates as these features are already in the OS , only not activated yet.
Smile
Uday
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:
It has been mentioned here earlier, that Korg will enable the MIDI to style and the KAOSS features in future updates as these features are already in the OS , only not activated yet.
Smile
Uday

Create style from midi file
Well in that case my Wallet's not activated yet
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has been mentioned here earlier, that Korg will enable the MIDI to style and the KAOSS features in future updates as these features are already in the OS

MIDI-to-STYLE and KAOSS were fantastic features..... BUT...
.....here we go again with unconfirmed rumours - just like the pre-release rumours - who said this and where did it come from (officially? - I doubt it)?
I am very keen to move towards this keyboard but not based on rumours about its future - so far it is not on my shopping list but I am hoping to change that...
I am sick of Korg's silence.....
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
iOpus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
It has been mentioned here earlier, that Korg will enable the MIDI to style and the KAOSS features in future updates as these features are already in the OS

Probably Covid left traces and changed these from Korg. I have never seen such great insolence.
The cow calls Moo. If only they had announced themselves, I would have more understanding for them.
Excuse me, but their silence irritates me to no end.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

MIDI-to-STYLE and KAOSS were fantastic features..... BUT...
.....here we go again with unconfirmed rumours - just like the pre-release rumours - who said this and where did it come from (officially? - I doubt it)?
I am very keen to move towards this keyboard but not based on rumours about its future - so far it is not on my shopping list but I am hoping to change that...

Agreed....Somone inside KORG has seriously missed the opportunity with PA5X and who is clearly lacking strong foundations in product management knowledge including Testing, Agile methodologies, launch strategies which will most probably damage product growth, brand reputation from this poor organisational strategy witnessed here considering the premature release of PA5X...

I just wonder who at Korg will now come forward with the human skills very much need in the public domain where there is a need to succeed with strong communication and influencing skills to help loyal and enthusiastic Customers/Dealer/Distributors who all feeling very frustrated from there own individual perspectives...

They must engage with the whole community and (((SOON)))...

Otherwise the law of Diminishing Returns may become apparent for Korg on this one...

https://ticketmastertech.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/dt940414dhc0_4.png

Last edited by D575 on Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:14 am; edited 4 times in total
usaraiya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refer you to the earlier posting by Bachus:
Korg PA5X Demo Experience
where he wrote the following, I quote:

pawlikp100 wrote:
Bachus, you have writren:
"E) missing features like midi to style converter and kaos didn’t make release but will be added in a patch when they are finished… also there are a lot of new and convienence features that will be added, like syncing the audio loops from the pads and mp3 files with a midiclock. And many many more"

Are those information confirmed?

The first two are confirmed as being under development by Roland customs manager Chris v Lommmel as being under development and they will be added soon in a patch, like all other missing feautures from the pa4x that are still missing

When thats done they will start adding new features.. the one i recalled (syncing audio) will most likely be part of that, but was not actually confirmed by Chris, it was a possibility we discussed and i put it here as an example of what to expect..

I just drew attention to the earlier posting, not conjuring up a new rumor.
Agree that Korg needs to be more vocal.

Smile
Uday
mabcomp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: PA5X Reply with quote

Wouldn't be right for me to disclose which retailer replied to my comments on the new PA5X but it was an interesting reply

Hi John,

I think you may have fallen in to the trap others have - reading some damming comments from people who either have no idea what they are talking about or simply wish to put down a new instrument for whatever reason.

We have had the Pa5X here for some time in store and sold bucket loads of them. Bearing in mind we are the professionals who know these things and all the models inside and out so we have a true picture of it all. The reality is the instrument sounds amazing. It has magnificent features which make it completely unique in the market and is built to a very high quality standard. Now on initial release of the PA4X, on initial release of the Genos on initial release of all the products there were software glitches and the manufacturers made them right. The Pa5X is not alone here, and does have the odd little thing missing or glitch but those who have them and enjoy the product for playing music hardly come across them and it does not affect them enjoying the product. When the software update comes out in December, and then further updates when the instrument gets better and better for free, the desire will just grow and then everyone will be paying the new more expensive price and wish they would of ordered one sooner.

I will take an example for you - People mentioning the MIDI to stye convertor and complaining - this was a feature that was never great, it left styles needing a lot of work in order to make them useable and many never used it anyway, so when the 1% of people who used it start complaining it is missing they part of a mass complaint which is not really a true reflection. Why would Korg put on a feature that was not overly great when it could be better. that is a feature we therefore expect and have been told may well be coming back but in a much better way as time progresses.

That is just one example of how the info on the web is twisted and not a real reflection of the instrument. There are many more examples I could give to show how the information out there is very misleading. However, the price increase is coming on all manufacturers so it is what it is. Unfortunately the new price is now in place so all new orders will have the increased markup but the product is still absolutely worth every penny of it. More price increases can also not be ruled out in future months.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: PA5X Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
Wouldn't be right for me to disclose which retailer replied to my comments on the new PA5X but it was an interesting reply

Hi John,

I think you may have fallen in to the trap others have - reading some damming comments from people who either have no idea what they are talking about or simply wish to put down a new instrument for whatever reason.

We have had the Pa5X here for some time in store and sold bucket loads of them. Bearing in mind we are the professionals who know these things and all the models inside and out so we have a true picture of it all. The reality is the instrument sounds amazing. It has magnificent features which make it completely unique in the market and is built to a very high quality standard. Now on initial release of the PA4X, on initial release of the Genos on initial release of all the products there were software glitches and the manufacturers made them right. The Pa5X is not alone here, and does have the odd little thing missing or glitch but those who have them and enjoy the product for playing music hardly come across them and it does not affect them enjoying the product. When the software update comes out in December, and then further updates when the instrument gets better and better for free, the desire will just grow and then everyone will be paying the new more expensive price and wish they would of ordered one sooner.

I will take an example for you - People mentioning the MIDI to stye convertor and complaining - this was a feature that was never great, it left styles needing a lot of work in order to make them useable and many never used it anyway, so when the 1% of people who used it start complaining it is missing they part of a mass complaint which is not really a true reflection. Why would Korg put on a feature that was not overly great when it could be better. that is a feature we therefore expect and have been told may well be coming back but in a much better way as time progresses.

That is just one example of how the info on the web is twisted and not a real reflection of the instrument. There are many more examples I could give to show how the information out there is very misleading. However, the price increase is coming on all manufacturers so it is what it is. Unfortunately the new price is now in place so all new orders will have the increased markup but the product is still absolutely worth every penny of it. More price increases can also not be ruled out in future months.

This dealer is lacking integrity and has taken a convoluted view who is clearly only interested in moving boxes, at least my UK dealer has been fair and realistic and understands the present situation pending update.

Last edited by D575 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love this quote :

“ I will take an example for you - People mentioning the MIDI to stye convertor and complaining - this was a feature that was NEVER GREAT ( my emphasis) , it left styles needing a lot of work in order to make THEM USEABLE ( my emphasis ) and many never used it anyway, so when the 1% of people who used it start complaining it is missing they part of a mass complaint which is not really a true reflection. “

When korg promoted the midi style conversion feature ( that the dealer claims nobody used ) , did this same dealer tell the people he was selling the product to that it was “never great” and that it left you with a “lot of work “to do to make the style conversion even usable?

I bet you he didn’t because he wanted to sell you a very expensive product .

Another brilliant quote about the little used midi style converter :

“ Why would Korg put on a feature that was not overly great when it could be better. that is a feature we therefore expect and have been told may well be coming back but in a much better way as time progresses. ”

Great question !! Why would korg sell you on a feature that didn’t work very well in the first place a cording to the dealer selling you another expensive keyboard . In fact why would this dealer do THE VERY SAME THING with respect to this new keyboard ?

Something to do with the sales revenue from selling a very expensive product is my best guess …

And did the midi style converter ever get better in the pa4x ???? Well did it ? Nope . I bet you he sold hundreds of pa4x in part based upon this feature that never worked well but which he was certain would improve “ as time progresses “.

This dealer is selling dreams to you to drop another £4000 in the hope that this feature may improve in further OS upgrades .

Well I can’t speak for anyone else but I was persuaded …….

Can you tell ? 😆😆😆
deminda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting discussion on "Midi to style"conversion. I use this function a lot but NOT THE CREATOR BOT. The creator bot uses a standard midi file and creates a style for you. But I was importing midi files to style variations (eg V1CV1 ). I heavily rely on this function. I know Pa5X can import a midi file with markers as a style but does not allow to import just one chord variation at a time. This function is there at Pa4x which allow me to load just one variation at a time. I am so used to it and suits well with my requirement. Yamaha arrangers does not give midi import functions and we cant make precise guitar strumming etc by using the onboard style creator. I have found a workaround for this. We can create a midi file using markers and CHANGE the extension to .STY and import this to the keyboard which works!!!!. I sold my Pa4x and got a 5x and Havn't done any new styles or imported samples which I got from my 4x which I will be doing very soon.
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deminda wrote:
Yamaha arrangers does not give midi import functions and we cant make precise guitar strumming etc by using the onboard style creator. I have found a workaround for this. We can create a midi file using markers and CHANGE the extension to .STY and import this to the keyboard which works!!!!. I sold my Pa4x and got a 5x and Havn't done any new styles or imported samples which I got from my 4x which I will be doing very soon.

Hi, bit confused., your workaround. Are you talking about importing .sty files into a Yamaha keyboard or into a PA5x

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
deminda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the confusion. I was telling how I am doing with the Yamaha. Rename the midi file to a sty and import it to Yamaha.
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deminda wrote:
Sorry about the confusion. I was telling how I am doing with the Yamaha. Rename the midi file to a sty and import it to Yamaha.

Hi, you serious. Didn’t realise that would work. I used to change my .sty files to .mid for pc editing, but never tried changing .mid to .sty.
Used to also change .sty to .mid, modify the markers and midi channels to suit Korg and import the .mid into Korg creating a converted style.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: