Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

((((When Will Korg Learn))))

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:41 am    Post subject: ((((When Will Korg Learn)))) Reply with quote

Somone inside KORG has seriously missed the opportunity with PA5X and who is clearly lacking Strong Foundations in Product Management Knowledge including Testing, Agile Methodologies, launch Strategies which will most probably damage product growth, Brand Reputation from this poor organisational strategy witnessed here considering the Premature Release of PA5X...

I just wonder who at Korg will now come forward with the human skills very much need in the public domain where there is a need to succeed with strong communication and influencing skills to help Loyal and Enthusiastic Customers/Dealer/Distributors who all feeling very frustrated from there own individual perspectives...

They must engage with the Whole Community and (((SOON)))...

Otherwise the law of Diminishing Returns may become apparent for Korg on this one...

I sincerely hope this will not happen and Korg must consider a honest and meaningful internal review of its self because in a changing world they will not getaway with this again as customer support is slipping...

https://ticketmastertech.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/dt940414dhc0_4.png
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true.... this doesn't make any business sense and seems totally illogical.

Until Korg make some formal announcements, then what we have is what we have - unfounded unofficial rumours about future fixes and enhancements are a waste of time and energy.
I am dumbfounded after over 21 years of Korg loyalty and amazing musical enjoyment. My loyalty has been due to product performance and reliability plus amazing features and sounds.

So, what is going on???
Kronos - gone!! Improved replacement - none!!
PA4x - gone!! Improved replacement - none!!

It seems we just hang around in silent hope. and start looking elsewhere.... Confused

What is worst for me is that I currently do not trust the company.
I am reviewing the PA5x this week so I'll apologise in huge RED text for all my comments if I'm blown away..... (2 days to go!!)
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
usaraiya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is time for Paolo to chime in to settle the waters!

Smile
Uday
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry for those of you that purchased this product and are having many issues. I hope they get fixed soon.
Shame on Korg for putting profits over Customer Satisfaction. It's clear to me this was just a cash flow issue. "Lets get a revenue stream going and worry about the fixes later"
A terrible business plan and for this strategy I will not purchase another Korg Arranger.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is time for Paolo to chime in to settle the waters!

Those times are definitely over... Crying or Very sad
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
taichi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should the price of the Pa5X with its many missing features and numerous faults that have been reported here, be as high as it is ???? Korg could end up giving their new toy away together with their reputation.

Here in the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been sacked for letting his country down. The buck stops at the top. The OP suggests the same thing to me. Korg has let its faithful customers down. Korg need some new blood in order to stop the rot. The buck stops at the top.
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the issues are deep frustrating. but more is this a catastrophal situation for all dealers that korg made the anouncement of a new Pa5x series and they can't deliver. Korg seems to have no Plan for manufacturing ... still no information.
here Switzerland they hope to receive some in late of 2022 (means earlyest in December). And for the 88-key spring/summer 2023 first instruments.
so no chance to get one of them here ... i watch the discussions and wait until something happens.
korgpask

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excuse my opinion
as mentioned here:
All of us who write our experiences here, good and bad, we are all testers for KORG after paying for the new KORG Pa5X, apparently they don't have anyone experienced to test their NEW product before publishing it.
In many things, except for the sound, which in my opinion is really only different in the details. The sounds themselves seem to be the only difference between an international and a musician.
Who knows, the sound will also be created on the Pa4X and the result will be much better than on the Pa5X.
User sample voice make the instrument unique and few people will recognize that he is playing a Pa4x or another model. Well, who knows.
Personally, I expected, according to the WAW information, a sound like the difference between 100 and 1000, that it would be a jump.
Well, this is a step.
I miss many things that Pa4X has.
Sad that Korg secretly changes the instructions on their site, without notice,
The new Korg Pa development manager mentioned in his video better communication with Korg Pa owners and to quickly update their needs.
Fast processing of requests, better support.
The price of the Korg Pa4X is therefore increasing in terms of popularity, many reject the Pa5X and return it to stores!
I think this is a huge sign for Korg !!
Unless they change their approach, they will fall. However, their legendary tools will remain and the new ones will fall.

I was looking forward to Dirk Lindemann's new approach.
But still no official contact to you, to your support forum, to your reach for development and contact for Korg Pa owners.

Please improve it ... this is bad for you

(sorry so many messages)
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole Pa5x deal from the very beginning felt like a headless chicken running around! What a mess!

iOpus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once wrote here that for me there is a big difference in sound. Many of the factory sounds and rhythms fascinated me. The keyboard suits my playing style more than the Pa4x.
If we had half the problems we have initially, our comments would only be in the area of improvement and suggestions. Unfortunately, all our complaints are justified.
I'm not defending Korg with this comment, I've also thrown stones here before Smile.
The Korg Pa4x (for us here who bought the Pa5x) will be forgotten by us, of course, when things are fixed (if we see such a day) Smile
Unfortunately, we are now on the wrong side (except individuals). The mistake is too big and I hope that this will be a lesson for everyone, and for Korg I wish them a punishment but as far as I can see they cannot achieve with the orders.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer

Last edited by iOpus on Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well This is So sad, I have no words,
All from the start was Smelling bad!
And now they say WE MUST WAIT UNTIL DEC 2022.

So i wanna ask you all who got the PA 5 X,
IF you buy a car, and they say to you it reachs to 250 km in 5 sec, and when you got it, THERE IS NO ENGINE in it, what would you do???

THIS IS INSANE!
And no one says NOTHING from Korg.
I called my distrubutor in SWEDEN, They dont have any claims they said to me, HOW, So we are the DUMMYS here?
And they did not want to listen, they hanged on, WOW, JUST WOOOOOW!.
I will not lock my cash in this days to feed KORG, NO WAY!
They are playing russian roulette , Even people that i know was KORGIES are now claiming it.
BAD ....

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
davekalbach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

Are you referring to Pa5X delivery dates to Sweden, or do you have information regarding an OS update?

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
Asena wrote:

Are you referring to Pa5X delivery dates to Sweden, or do you have information regarding an OS update?

The first OS update will be released somewhere in October as far as i am aware of.
Less than 3 months (working ones as August is a vacation month for almost all companies) is not a bad length of time.
Still though most (if not all) of these should have not existed in the first place so there is no excuse as to why it got out in the current state...

+Is it playable?
-If you only make new things and not load anything from older series then yes.
+Does it sound better than 4x?
-Of course and in a lot of cases way better due to both the new samples , the number of the effects , the new effects and the improvisations on some of the older ones.
+Does it have all the features of the 4x plus new ones?
-No , a lot of not yet implemented features currently but the newly added features have a huge positive impact on sound.

When all these features that are missing will be implemented ,the import from older models get fixed and some other smaller bugs get fixed too , it then will be the best model out there.
I m really sure that that will happen in the next 4-8 months (i doubt everything will be 100% ok and implemented with the first update in just 2-3 months of work).
Although in reality it is not 3 months as the compilation date of the current os is at the end of MAY so it is 1 extra month of work that between the compilation date and keyboard release date..!
I hope we ll see good stuff soon!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
korgpask

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am most happy about are the beautiful sounds in the KEYBOARD SET LIBRARY.
When I select UPPER 1 sound, I feel that it is only for example 40% of the resulting sound.
New and well-set EFFECTS will do a lot of work..
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What korg has learned is that it can :

1. take money out of its customers pockets
2. and give them half the product they promised
3. and not find itself in court for breach of contract and mis-selling .

There is not really much more that can be said . This is a terrible way to do business . Customers should not have to wait months to (hopefully) get the product they paid for months ago .

And companies that do this often don’t remain in business for long .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: