Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report (locked) - PA5x initial OS level
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davekalbach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
USB Over Current detected?! This message occasionally appears every day.
There is only an internal and micro SD card inside. I put inside new class 10 micro SD card, formatted FAT32 with rufus because it was factory formatted exFAT.

If it were me, I would at least try to isolate it first, and then return it if you can't get it sorted out.

My advice would be to remove all external drives (USBs, and SD Card) and run it for a day with nothing inserted - Just to ensure those inputs (or cards) aren't causing the issue.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
iOpus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a backup on the sd card and then a format from the Pa5 itself and probably Rufus made a format that doesn't match or there is something extra (hide) on the card created by him. The keyboard has been on for about 7-8 hours and the message is gone..
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
davekalbach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
I made a backup on the sd card and then a format from the Pa5 itself and probably Rufus made a format that doesn't match or there is something extra (hide) on the card created by him. The keyboard has been on for about 7-8 hours and the message is gone..

Sounds better. You might want to try multiple Power Cycles to be sure you are free from trouble

-- Dave

deliad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:15 am    Post subject: bugs and lacks i found in PA5X Reply with quote

Hi,
1. need to make a PC Software to fastly convert the SETs from PA old series to the KST new PA5X format
the conversion is very slow on the pa5x and you can't load pa1/2/3/4x Sets without converting them to kst at first.
2. they removed assignable switch functions that were on old pa2/3/4x
a. Quarter tone SC1/SC2/SC3... select from ASSIGNABLE SWITCH Button and that's for me a must to change quarter tone fast... IT'S MISSING
b. the Keyboard Style set Up and down change (setlist up and down instead, count on fingers the count of the people that uses setlist on the PA Series)
the Kbd set up/down helps me when I want to quickly apply settings to keyboard sets and move fast between them.
3. where is the Upper Volume Link Checkbox?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deliad wrote:
1. need to make a PC Software to fastly convert the SETs from PA old series to the KST new PA5X format
the conversion is very slow on the pa5x and you can't load pa1/2/3/4x Sets without converting them to kst at first.
2. they removed assignable switch functions that were on old pa2/3/4x
a. Quarter tone SC1/SC2/SC3... select from ASSIGNABLE SWITCH Button and that's for me a must to change quarter tone fast... IT'S MISSING
b. the Keyboard Style set Up and down change (setlist up and down instead, count on fingers the count of the people that uses setlist on the PA Series)
the Kbd set up/down helps me when I want to quickly apply settings to keyboard sets and move fast between them.
3. where is the Upper Volume Link Checkbox?

This all seems to be "wish-list/suggestions".....
If it is not in the manual and considered by you as "missing from earlier models", it is not a bug - please re-post it here:-
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127480

I'll update this when you've had time to re-post it.
Thanks for your co-operation.
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ikspeel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AUTOPITCH settings not saved in mic user settings
When you make a mic preset
And you set example smoothing 35 and hysteresis 30 an save it
After power down / up reload the mic preset settings always go to smoothing 0 and hysteresis 90

Also mic double vol slider not working there is no change,with vol on 100 or 0
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elements browser is a real mess in Pa5X and must be corrected ...
- Styles & KeyboardSets must be illustrated in certain positions and not in alphabetical order as in all PaSeries
due to be in type & style order that user wants !
- Styles & KeyboardSet copy & paste function must determine specific destination location/position of paste and not
in random alphabetical order !

- Too slow for generic functions like changing Styles although CPU is faster , but saving resources delay is really frustrating ...
Using the same very fast USB 3 stick in front USB slot , 3 GB of Pa4X resources were saved at 4 - 5 minutes while 3 GB
of Pa5X resources required 22 whole minutes ... ( not talking about import )
- Saving a single SOUND in .KST folder with saved PCM data (not overwrite all) , it required over 6 minutes , what the heck
system is preparing for 6 minutes due to save a single SOUND when PCM samples are already saved ?

- Time sliced sample when saved , no groove mid file is created for Style import.

- Sound Edit/Basic/ when single trigger is checked then all stereo samples OSC are loosing 90% of Left channel volume !

- Note Number AMS SOUND parameters values are altered when octaves are altered in KBD Set mode , this never happened
in PaSeries before and must be corrected !
This bug affects ADSR time setting of AM & PEG when octaves are altered in KBD set settings while manual Up/Down octaves
by panel switches work fine !

- Microtune settings are canceled by next chord of chord recognition at any relative or not scale.
If for instance you play Gm and you set A note for micro-tuning (shown green in note screen) in any other chord recognized ,
note A returns to normal tuning while its shown green in screen.
This mostly happens in attached/saved KBD Set in a custom Style.

- Korg PCM format to new stereo PCM format of Pa5X converter fails to read all contained samples of multisamples if
PCM sample contents are scattered and not in perfect order , as mostly happens in older Pa3X/4X setups of Oriental users.
In this case you can find in 50% of converted multisamples , 1 up to 3 missing samples marked as empty , while original
multisamples seen in Pa4X are perfect.

- Style conversion code has a bug at converting styles from STY to STG format and at INTRO1 & END1 of converted styles
it changes melodic instruments to non transpose mode and style ends to a relative tone and even if corrected manually ,
proper tonality of END1 is lost !
- Intro1 & Ending 1 programming code is completely messed up , I used a Pa5X factory style "16 Beat Groove" of Pop bank , copied
END3 to END1 of style and when END1 selected style changed at wrong tone and harmony while END3 plays correctly !
So this is the main reason of wrong conversion of Styles at INTRO1 & END1 where for an unknown reason chord sequencer is involved !

- Current OS v.1.0 actually never has frozen in many days of advanced operations I've done but it accidentally has restarted in some non
relative points like when editing factory resources , or saving partial resources in media etc but never happens twice at same operation
so something in OS programming code make it unstable and restarts !

- 4 months of waiting for a working OS is a long time for users that have already purchased Pa5X and finally own an unusable arranger
that can't work properly even as a workstation with sounds , therefore KorgPa software developers release an intermediate OS v.1.05
in October at least basic functions to work properly until release of planned OS v.1.1 in December ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:21 am; edited 6 times in total
ikspeel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG
DONT FORGET THE TRANSPOSE BUG iN GLOBAL
Song on/ off not working
deminda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:33 am    Post subject: Matrix Backlit Illumination Reply with quote

I got my Pa5x yesterday and went through the functions just to check. I noted the backlit illumination for the Matrix does not change when I change the setting in the general controls. The panel and strip display backlit level changes as it should be. Has anyone noticed the same?
ikspeel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa5x Mp3+G files dont work there is no Lyrics
bensel46

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

Activating Ending 3 via a footswitch does not work.

Kind regards
Ben

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bensel46 wrote:
Activating Ending 3 via a footswitch does not work.

Just curious how others see this. I added this to my running spreadsheet of Bugs and Wishlist Items. I did list this as a BUG, however there really isn't a supported footswitch at the moment for this functionality.

Should we consider this a Desired Feature, or a BUG?

As I said, for now I listed it as a BUG, but will change that if everyone agrees its not a published feature for the Pa5X.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
Should we consider this a Desired Feature, or a BUG?

As it is not mentioned anywhere in the documentation I guess it can only be a "wish-list" item.
But then we don't really have complete documentation as yet....!!!!

The exclusion of the EC5 pedal (or similar) on the PA5x is a 100% showstopper for me. MIDI pedal would be fine if Korg shared the MIDI information - but they never have.
This may seem insignificant to others but I have used the EC5 pedal for over 20 years since my Korg i3.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
bensel46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely a bug.
I wasn't talking about an EC-5 pedal.
I use a single foot pedal.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa5X Critical PCM saving issue

- If you import stereo samples , compress them and save sampling data as ALL.KST and when load later ALL.KST folder ,
the majority of samples are corrupted with noise & clicks and raw format is translated conflicted !

- While all sampling data that are initially loaded and compressed , are working properly even if you restart your Pa5X , all are
there working perfectly until you save PCM in KST file.
- If you delete samples or make a factory restore or load another SET.KST , then it's impossible to restore these PCM samples
when try to load ALL.KST or SOUND file , over 40% of samples are corrupted and it's strictly PCM saving management failure.
This doesn't affect loaded Pa4X compressed samples or imported MS that are in older L-R pair format.

Pa developers or anyone can recreate this critical PCM issue with resources I provide.
1. import in Pa5X this stereo looped sample https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F92BMbd8k9vDEAw2UUL7lCHVw9tMeWql/view
You will see this stereo waveform https://drive.google.com/file/d/10snhIM0056hD2ldAT4-tzA1bHvLNcy53/view that works fine.
2. save sample and select compression or compress all samples.
Sample always work fine again even if you restart your Pa5X
3. Save ALL.KST in any created KST folder.
4. Make a Pa5X factory restore or delete samples and multisamples and load back saved ALL.KST.
5. Open REC/sample editor and see imported wav will be as shown here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_PdRfkqX1hwvC8ALfZaM10Exo596ChOV/view
and you will listen to this crap https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WVU4--EN_Q0KiY1q_xYjP-3LO3UdGxRh/view
The same you will hear if you will export that sample.
Uncompressed samples (up to 10 I've tried) seem to be saved properly but not quite sure ...

BTW : KorgPa developers , what the heck are your awkward beta tester doing for you ?
They Just enjoy fooling around with new stuff ?
Next time just send me your new flagship due to save time and reputation ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: