Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAUTILUS Chord Recognition ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WISTICKMOO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject: NAUTILUS Chord Recognition ??? Reply with quote

Hi guys first time post,

I can't work out if the Nautilus can read chord inversions in arp mode. Every time I play an inverted chord it will give me the wrong bass note.

Any help would be great, and if it cant be done someone let me know so i can stop trying to find it.

Cheers
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: NAUTILUS Chord Recognition ??? Reply with quote

WISTICKMOO wrote:
Hi guys first time post,

I can't work out if the Nautilus can read chord inversions in arp mode. Every time I play an inverted chord it will give me the wrong bass note.

Any help would be great, and if it cant be done someone let me know so i can stop trying to find it.

Cheers

Just curious - Are you creating an Arp for a specific song? What I mean is do you always want it to play the same notes regardless of chords played? If so, I believe you could set the ARP up as Fixed Note which would utilize your keyboard timing, but ignore the actual notes played on the keyboard.

To do so, change:

Arpeggio Tone Mode: Fixed Note

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: NAUTILUS Chord Recognition ??? Reply with quote

WISTICKMOO wrote:
Hi guys first time post,

Cheers

To my knowledge, the Nautilus does not recognize chords, inverted or otherwise. The Nautilus is a workstation, not a professional arranger; and lacks the abilities of chord recognition in its arp sections. It simply reacts to the keys you play and how they fit in the arp and the intervals and timing. No more no less. If you want the arp to play a specific bass or lower note, you have to include it.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
WISTICKMOO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the resposes.

Wasnt sure if the arp a092 simple long was playing through recognition or whatever note i played.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: