Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x + Nano keys2 (or nanopad 2) any benefits ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozizo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Pa4x + Nano keys2 (or nanopad 2) any benefits ? Reply with quote

Hi
i ordered the korg Nano pad2 controller from eBay and they sent me Nano keys instead.
i wanted to use it mainly to play drums /perc with a style , or just hit crashes here and there, and make on endings kind of on spot "ending rolls"
i guess i can do this also with the Nano keys,
the idea is to always have the same drums/perc sound on the controller when is in style mode. i guess its possible ?
the Nano pad has some advantages that i can program it to do some other stuff controlling the PA4x, but its not the main purpose
i saw some videos of Nano pad2 connected to Pa4x, but no Nano keys videos.
i guess they can be connected too with the usb on Pa4x ?

i can also return Nano keys and get the Nano pad. is it worth the hassle ?
any suggestions or ideas ?
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x + Nano keys2 (or nanopad 2) any benefits ? Reply with quote

mozizo wrote:
Hi
i ordered the korg Nano pad2 controller from eBay and they sent me Nano keys instead.
i wanted to use it mainly to play drums /perc with a style , or just hit crashes here and there, and make on endings kind of on spot "ending rolls"
i guess i can do this also with the Nano keys,
the idea is to always have the same drums/perc sound on the controller when is in style mode. i guess its possible ?
the Nano pad has some advantages that i can program it to do some other stuff controlling the PA4x, but its not the main purpose
i saw some videos of Nano pad2 connected to Pa4x, but no Nano keys videos.
i guess they can be connected too with the usb on Pa4x ?

i can also return Nano keys and get the Nano pad. is it worth the hassle ?
any suggestions or ideas ?

I have the Nano Pad 2, and purchased it for much the same reasons as you describe. So, yes it can be done, however I find I rarely ever touch it...

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG nano control - nano pad - nano studio

they are very good things, but it is good to program them via PC. Then the result is according to your imagination. For example, using NANO Control, Nano Studio

MIDI song - sounds - floods MIDI
push GM
example
PUSH NANO
it's definitely just sound edited using NANO control-NANO STUDIO
the exact same sounds are used !!!!!
The resulting sound is ....... judge for yourself

PUSH MIDI GM
http://www.korgpa.sk/demomp3/push_midi_gm.mp3

PUSH MIDI NANO

http://www.korgpa.sk/demomp3/push_midi_nano.mp3

I forgot. This sound DEMO is made on a KORG Pa800!
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest is just your imagination
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
KORG nano control - nano pad - nano studio

they are very good things, but it is good to program them via PC. Then the result is according to your imagination. For example, using NANO Control, Nano Studio

MIDI song - sounds - floods MIDI
push GM
example
PUSH NANO
it's definitely just sound edited using NANO control-NANO STUDIO
the exact same sounds are used !!!!!
The resulting sound is ....... judge for yourself

PUSH MIDI GM
http://www.korgpa.sk/demomp3/push_midi_gm.mp3

PUSH MIDI NANO

http://www.korgpa.sk/demomp3/push_midi_nano.mp3

I forgot. This sound DEMO is made on a KORG Pa800!

maybe I'm confuse, but what your reply has with nanoPad?

someone ask specify question about different between NanoPad and NanoPad ,... and you sending your mp3 samples without any explanation????
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pa4x + Nano keys2 (or nanopad 2) any benefits ? Reply with quote

mozizo wrote:
.. ordered the korg Nano pad2 controller from eBay and they sent me Nano keys instead.... i can also return Nano keys and get the Nano pad. is it worth the hassle ? any suggestions or ideas ?

The Nano Key 2 is a compact controller with a low-profile, 25-key USB-MIDI keyboard for use with laptop and netbook computers.
It offers velocity-sensitive keys with four velocity curves, and buttons for pitch up/down, octave Shift up/down (-4 to +4 octave range), modulation and sustain.
The Nano Pad is a controller designed for finger drumming and triggering samples. It is a tool for music production, allowing you to create drum loops. The dynamic trigger pads are for both recording sequences into your DAW and live performances.

The X-Y touchpad allows you to create musical phrases on the fly, providing added control over different parameters. There is a roll button to simulate rapid consecutive strikes, as often played on a snare drum. With X-axis speed of the roll is to control and Y-axis controls the volume (velocity) of the roll. Flam button simulates the drumming technique where both drum sticks strike a drum nearly simultaneously, with just a slight gap in timing - here X-axis controls the time between the first and second strikes and Y-axis controls the velocity of the second strike.
At least the hold button is to maintain the point (the value of the MIDI message) at which you took your finger off the X-Y pad, preserving where you had been touching the X-Y pad. For example if you’re performing a roll with the Roll function and the Hold function turned on, the roll will continue playing as long as you continue pressing the trigger pad even if you take your finger off the X-Y pad.
If you want to use a device for finger drumming, triggering sample, creating drum loops etc NanoKey2 is not as suitable for this as the Nanopad. There are also special buttons that distinguish the Nanopad for such applications with drum functions, which the Nanokey are missing.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: