Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1000 sounding very boomy and muddy on high volume

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepak87

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: PA1000 sounding very boomy and muddy on high volume Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I recently bought the PA1000.
I've noticed it sounds super muddy and boomy if I go beyond 60% volume.
The piano esp. sounds super muddy(overlapping), and songs/styles too.
Is this a common issue encountered by owners here?

I think it might be related to the acoustics in my room, not allowing for higher volumes?
Any solutions on how I could address this?
(I have 6 wedge foam pads for sound absorption but don't know where to place them.)
gwc28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: PA1000. I've noticed it sounds super muddy and boomy Reply with quote

Have a listen with headphones which will eliminate your room,
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried adjusting the master Eq and limiter settings?
deepak87

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
Have you tried adjusting the master Eq and limiter settings?

Any settings that you would recommend?

I am currently using the 'Latin' present with slightly reduced db(-1.0) for 130Hz freq. I did some more drastic tweaking, it sounded brighter, but was also piercing to the ears.
I cannot find much info on master EQ settings on Google or YouTube for the PA1000 :/.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I start off with everything flat then increase the frequencies outside in it may not be perfect allows you to adjust to taste. I also have different settings for the speakers and headphones. Which of the limiter settings do you use?

Thing is everyone’s hearing is different just as different rooms have different acoustics.

I’ve have had my Pa700 since 2017 and even now always find myself adjusting either the master Eq or Eq of individual sounds.
deepak87

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
Personally I start off with everything flat then increase the frequencies outside in it may not be perfect allows you to adjust to taste. I also have different settings for the speakers and headphones. Which of the limiter settings do you use?

Thing is everyone’s hearing is different just as different rooms have different acoustics.

I’ve have had my Pa700 since 2017 and even now always find myself adjusting either the master Eq or Eq of individual sounds.

Currently I have the limiter switched off.
Do you find any one of these settings (Brick wall, Soft mastering, Hard mastering) improves your sound?

Yea seems like I'd have to keep adjusting the EQ for each setup (or specific songs/sounds).
I compared it to my older Yamaha S770 which I am planning to sell now.
The Yamaha sounded a lot clearer and brighter, so was trying to recreate the same in the Korg. It's interesting that out of the box, the Yam and Korg sound so different.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PA1000 is a mighty fine instrument but the piano sounds are muddy and the weakest part for sure. It was the same for the Pa3x. You can download a new set of piano sounds for free. See this link http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113029
taichi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reubens pianos are my "go to" pianos, great. Very kind of him to share them with us for free. Good man.

I have been playing around with master effects for some time now, FXA and FXB. The dropdown lists give dozens of options that you can try to suit your room and different songs. The manual explains the basics.

The corners of a room can be a problem together with hard furnishings like wooden floors, plastered walls, anything hard. (Unlike thick carpets and curtains). And the positioning of your Pa1000 in relation to the room.

I see that you have been a member for some time so you will probably know this.

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: