Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The KORG Pa5X is not a continuation of the Pa4X !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm KORG,s plan is to make us ENEMIES i think .
Come oon guys, KORG does not care about it, It,s US, the players who buyed the 5 x, Give it back, and BUY it when and IF its finished PA5X!
Don,t waste your money .

I can,t i must live with this Evil or Very Mad

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
I might as well come clean guys. Remember that backyard barbeque Pa5x video? That was me. Embarassed

ROFL
....but at least the sausages were really good....
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ikspeel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="karmathanever"][quote="Sam CA"]I might as well come clean guys. Remember that backyard barbeque Pa5x video? That was me. Embarassed [/quote]
ROFL
....but at least the sausages were [b]really[/b] good....[/quote]

Maybe we can make a barbeque from the pa5x Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
keysman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the fabulous Pa4x & Nautilus keyboards and previously had the i3, Pa1xpro Pa3x.
Korg have and still produce fantastic instruments for all types of music genres whether professional studio workstations, Pianos, arranger keyboards etc. From the original i3 korg have produced fantastic arranger keyboards that are 2nd to none. With all the naysayers whinging over the latest Pa5x which as many korg arranger keyboard players know whenever a new keyboard is released it’s never going to be at its full potential. Once it’s out there in the public domain and those who buy newley released instruments this is where the feedback comes in to provide OS updates etc.
If Korg were to take onboard all the negative feedback being thrown around without being substantiated I wonder how the arranger player would feel if they said OK this clearly is the end of the road for this type of instrument.
We should count ourselves lucky that Korg still continues to make superb arranger keyboards. Patience is a virtue.
I await to get flamed😊
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysman wrote:

I await to get flamed😊

"Medium or Rare Sir" Wink
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since the beginning of pa5x we all know that korg has released a new arranger concept and did a break with their older concepts. I never wanted to convert anything from older models as pa4x to the pa5x. this make not much sense for me because korg has arranged all the styles new. and self made styles i will redo and arrange new. pa5x has very much new features in style playing. so i am sure that i can do very much of this out of the box.
if i somedays really get the chance to buy a pa5x (that is still not available in my country and might be first at 2023) i want arrange my whole music program new and want to use the new concept, new features and new sounds. i never used old things from old keyboards because i want to rearrange and give my music a new feeling.
so i ask you: if you play and use the pa4x out of the box - do you also have any problems to play and arrange?
in the youtube videos of many professionals it seems to work fine. and with the pa3x and pa4x i also never had any issues from start of their release.
maybe i don‘t use the instrument in such deepness of configuration as you do, but i just want to play songs and have fun with my guests on my gigs.
korgpask

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Come oon guys, KORG does not care about it, It,s US, the players who buyed the 5 x, Give it back, and BUY it when and IF its finished PA5X!
Don,t waste your money .

completely, I agree, I'm giving up, I'm done with Pa5X, I don't have the strength or desire to fight with many bugs and problems.
That's how all my friends who bought Pa5X returned it to the store within 7 days!!!! all but one returned their Pa5X to the store.

Many mistakes, huge money, bad result, stop their work, frequent restart of the tool, and many things they are used to using from Pa4X prevent them from keeping Pa5X.

so am i
Unless the Pa5X has everything that the Pa4X has and even those are things that KORG has NOT FIXED even in 5 years!!!! I don't want to own Pa5X! I listened to the sound, the resulting sound will still depend on your skill and a good knowledge of your instrument.

Goodbye Pa5X

Pa5X you have to grow to Pa4X and then you can continue.
Then I'll get back to you.
usaraiya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
Asena wrote:
Come on, guys, KORG does not care about it; it is us, the players who bought the 5 x, Give it back, and BUY it when and IF its finished PA5X!
Don,t waste your money .

completely, I agree, I'm giving up, I'm done with Pa5X, I don't have the strength or desire to fight with many bugs and problems.
That's how all my friends who bought Pa5X returned it to the store within 7 days!!!! all but one returned their Pa5X to the store.

Many mistakes, huge money, bad result, stop their work, frequent restart of the tool, and many things they are used to using from Pa4X prevent them from keeping Pa5X.

so am i
Unless the Pa5X has everything that the Pa4X has and even those are things that KORG has NOT FIXED even in 5 years!!!! I don't want to own Pa5X! I listened to the sound, the resulting sound will still depend on your skill and a good knowledge of your instrument.

Goodbye Pa5X

Pa5X you have to grow to Pa4X, and then you can continue.
Then I'll get back to you.

I feel for you, Korgpask, that you were quite upset with the Pa5X and you and your friends returned them to the store to teach Korg a lesson, but Korg will not hear of the returns, as the store will immediately turn around and sell them. The demand is high and the supplies are non existent.
Korg will fix those discrepancies just like they fixed them when the Pa4X was first released, and made the Pa4X "show worthy"; the Pa5X will also be made "show worthy" soon.
By not buying the 5X or returning the units, as they have been paid already, and there are many waiting with preorders to buy more, Korg does not care.
So, by our "protests", Korg will not feel anything, they will not reply and continue to do the updates at their own pace; with no response to us, life goes on as usual, just IMHO.
So, if not Korg, what are your options?
Genos? Maybe when G2 is released? 2 years?
Ketron SD-9? Good KB, lousy support, a little behind the times? Nah!
Korg still reigns supreme, State of The Art Arranger.
I will rationalize and take the Pa5X.

Smile
Uday
the_boss81

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya - I too - waiting for Musikant - but I'm happy to take my time until the bad comments stop, by then my Pa1000 is more than good enough Smile
korgpask

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sticking with my BELOVED Pa4X.
I have both tools:
* I turn on the Pa5X only for testing,
* Not for work - I miss the features from Pa4X
* Not for fun - frequent freezing
* Not for continuation from Pa4X - Pa5X cannot IMPORT-LOAD my SET Pa4X approx. 1.7GB SET
* Not for singing - SHIFT AUDIO does not work correctly
* Not for microphone - ADAPTIVE function is missing
* Not for pleasure - a lot of money and even the Best sound will not balance my sadness of IMPERFECTION.
* Not for the LONG wait - Korg announced the first update for December
* Not for reliability - freezing and restarting on events.
* not for TOP MODEL - Pa5X corrupted musician's NAME - soft.errors.
* the missing HDD limits me in micro SD capacity - unreliability
* Huge mockery and rating bust. !!!!

I don't want to be just mean.
I still love KORG, its beautiful sound, its philosophy, ideas, but not the Pa5X.
Now I present my positive review of Pa5X which I like.
+ tools have nicer details
+ more beautiful reality of sounds
+ drums, especially Hit-Hat, snare, kick are softer in my opinion and sound more like from the studio
+ Display 8" and more data on the screen
+ more FX and Insert FX will complete the sound according to your dreams
+ I like the design and overall look
+ for me, the MIDI+STYLE combination for reworking songs
+ chord sequencer and chord library
+ HDMI video output - possibility to continue working with the image

But despite this, the Pa5X does NOT suit my work, and my TOP is the Pa4X
I'm sticking with Pa4X.
It will be a good time according to the update of what Pa5X can do in the future, so I will rush to switch to Pa5X when it meets my requirements and when it is a reliable and tuned tool.

GERMAN Pa5X Musikant will publish when it is error-free and reliable.

GOODBYE Pa5X

For me, the statement of DIRK, which promised quick communication and response with the owners of the Korg Pa model for more flexible cooperation, for listening to our observations, removing errors, and for faster progress, is also disappointing.
it hasn't happened yet, no official communication channel, for that much money every Pa5X owner deserves it and not just a contact to the seller, who many times doesn't know as much as the musician.

Now it's madness to release the Pa5X into the world in this state. It's rather a HUGE disappointment compared to expectations
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:

Now it's madness to release the Pa5X into the world in this state. It's rather a HUGE disappointment compared to expectations

Yes it was and is... many would agree with you Korgpask.
duo_megastar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. .

Last edited by duo_megastar on Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:47 pm; edited 12 times in total
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duo_megastar wrote:
I greet you, musicians. If this information helps you.

OS release currently scheduled for early December which will be OS version 1.1.0.
As you know from any other product using software, it is normal to find problems and update the
software. And also to add features as time goes on.

Beyond this, it is very important for everyone to remember something very important: The Pa5X
is not an updated Pa4X. The complete Pa platform was re-written from the beginning

Pa5X development status

Update OS 1.1.0 planned for December

Issues already confirmed:

• Style-select and -save speed-improvements
• Style-Record improvements
• Song-select speed-improvements
• SongBook and Set List improvements
(Save and change KBD-Sets, Intro-selection, Set-List speed, etc.)
• Style-sync when tempo-lock is “ON”
• List-view for all selections (incl. several sorting options)
• SongBook additions: all NEW transpose values will be added to the SongBook entries
• Legacy SET-import improvements
• Chord-scanning for SMF can now be disabled
• Independent Vocal-processor levels (Reverb and Harmony)
• and much more …

•
System optimization: Scale-tuning in User-Styles, Guitar mode improvements, and much
more…

Issues under investigation:

•
Introducing Slider catch-up function for all sliders
• Introducing Mixer-shortcut for assignable switches (fast mixer access)
• Drum Editor improvements
• Pad-select buttons in the main screen

There are many other features being considered for future software updates including
suggestions from our loyal users.

With Al my Respect, Where comes this info from, KORG or Do you work for Korg, Why this HIDE and SEEk mode from KORG.

And, Why first letting buyers know that the Update 1.01.0 was telling that is coming Late Agust/Mid september, Than October, and now December! Comoon this is just so stupid,
For every day i see that KORG drops all customers.
They have to go out and let us know VIA THEM!
Not from a VLOG, BLOG, SITE, COMMUNITY etc.

NO MORE RUMORS!

There is so many things they can ad on the OS, yes, but, NOT MY TRUST ANYMORE!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where comes this info from, KORG or Do you work for Korg

YES - agree!!

@ duo_megastar
YOU SAY:-
Quote:
There are many other features being considered for future software updates including
suggestions from our loyal users

This comment implies you are representing Korg in some way (hopefully not just another retailer or distributor)
Confirm this now and then we'll bother reading it..... sick of unconfirmed rumours!!!!
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duo_megastar wrote:
I greet you, musicians. If this information helps you.

OS release currently scheduled for early December which will be OS version 1.1.0.
As you know from any other product using software, it is normal to find problems and update the
software. And also to add features as time goes on.

I do not agree with you. Companies like Apple and Samsung are able to release updates within at least 2 weeks when serious bugs has been found. So why can't Korg do the same?

Quote:
Beyond this, it is very important for everyone to remember something very important: The Pa5X
is not an updated Pa4X. The complete Pa platform was re-written from the beginning

Again: I do not agree with you. the hardware is just a minor update form the Pa4X. The processor itself is Cortex ARM 15 with just double core. Cortex ARM 15 can be found in the Pa4X as well. Same goes for the sound engine. Yes, the screen resolution has been increased but THAT doesn't make it a new keyboard. The OS itself is Linux Mint, just like in the Pa4X. Not new.

Quote:

Pa5X development status

Update OS 1.1.0 planned for December

suggestions from our loyal users.

Well, I first have to see it first before believing it. Rumour after rumour tries to feed the world but the real sources keep quiet....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: