Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never…
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
usaraiya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying, voip.
Smile
Blazenko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Blazenko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
Bump Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

...and still...
Blazenko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
I fully undarstand that this keyboard is an unfinished piece!
I still like the concept,
There is a huge work behind it.
It’s sounds really good but, when it comes to the creativity, at the moment with the os we are very limited.

I know in somehow the Korg try’s to fix this and make it fully working soon.
At least I REALLY HOPE!

In the end, all will be fine I hope 🤞

No hope, brother.
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
Asena wrote:
It’s sounds really good but, when it comes to the creativity, at the moment with the os we are very limited.

At least I REALLY HOPE!

No hope, brother.

You really need to stop. We get it. Your only adding to the frustration.

@Pete, can't you please close these type of threads? they are redundant and serve no meaningful purpose.
Blazenko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
Blazenko wrote:
Asena wrote:

At least I REALLY HOPE!

No hope, brother.

@Pete, can't you please close these type of threads? they are redundant and serve no meaningful purpose.

Why? Why shouldn't I say that? I've been pointing out from the start that this would happen and that KORG would proceed in the same way. No one wanted to believe me. You should simply not buy the keyboards right from the start. Always wait for two to three years and then buy them. Don't be so naive. Don't let yourselves be fooled."
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
kbrkr wrote:
Blazenko wrote:
Asena wrote:

At least I REALLY HOPE!

No hope, brother.

Why? Why shouldn't I say that? I've been pointing out from the start that this would happen and that KORG would proceed in the same way. No one wanted to believe me. You should simply not buy the keyboards right from the start. Always wait for two to three years and then buy them. Don't be so naive. Don't let yourselves be fooled."

Yes I hole heartedly agree with Blazenko...

I through caution to the wind this time...

I should of known better...

In the meantime, I am waiting to hear back from my dealer to find out how and when Korg intend to resolve my led control panel button issues, somthing else to add to the list along with the random freezing and missing functionality...

Considering the passage of time, I think it would be fair to say Korg have lost the confidence of a large section of their customers base.
Bescki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Never… Reply with quote

Not as soon as it hits the market, I say NEVER.

I am looking for other cheaper and better options.

Paid 4500€ for 19 months as beta tester.

Blazenko wrote:
Never buy a Korg keyboard as soon as it hits the market.

Wait at least 6 months for that

a) the first software errors have been corrected

b) the street selling price levels off

c) the hardware defects of the first series are recognized and remedied by revisions

After that, one can hope that in addition to bug fixes with software updates, new functions will also come - usually in about a year...

Sorry for my bad english.

2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES this is going on wrong direction for KORG!
I understand the situation.

It cant be that hard to just fix that most important things they already have in their cheapest models like the PA 700.
We dont need to musc we just need that basic things that they already have, Style edit,Quick rec, Sound edit FULL !
And a Stable OS!
Also i,m considering to get something to replace or combine it.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
It cant be that hard to just fix that most important things

Yes and it is even EASIER to communicate with us!!! Even if it is not such good news (like delays etc..etc..) at least give us some hope and expectation especially for those who have already put thousands of $$ in your pocket.

Korg >>> any NEWS would be appreciated - doesn't matter what it is - at least let us know you are there and have a plan.
Anyhow, I am sure now you will never read any of this and others' frustrations in these forums.

I will wait but I think I am over it really when it comes to the future of Korg arrangers.
I realise that some are "HAPPY" with their PA5xs but the fact remains that it still has many problems and in all fairness money should be refunded on that basis.

If I had jumped in I would be so angry and absolutely sure I would have returned it - I mean "nearly 2 years!!!!!!!!!" and still no news!!!!!!

Take care guys

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mstodola

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes I am happy enough. But, I would not even think about buying a Pa6x with the response that is being given the issues. The Pa4x is more complete. But I saw this same kind of thing going on even as far back as with my Korg Oasys. We were told they were going to support it for a long time, but it didn't happen. They were, even back then, not very communicative, and support was almost non existent, at least for the Oasys. Then out of the blue they start giving away for free to everybody those additions that most of us had paid for and instantly made it a legacy instrument with no support at all. That is why I never bought a Kronos. They did something similar with the T1 that I purchased. But I received the same treatment with the Montage, so I don't have a high regard for the musical instrument industry. Looking back, only my Kurzweils (K2000, PC3, PC3k) were software supported for a really long time. Make me think about the K2700. Yamaha has the best hardware support and Kurzweil the best software support, in my personal experience.

I think they (Korg) have always had financial issues. They make great products with promises and then have to renege on them. This is a personality trait I think. I don't think it is going to change.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:24 am    Post subject: What do you think Reply with quote

We must remember
when you buy any keyboard let me say it again any keyboard from any company the day that you purchase it.
The software or operating system that is in that keyboard.
You are stuck with it it will probably never change to get better.
The company has no obligation to update or to fix the keyboard you bought it as is.

Korg would update ,,not for us, but to try to keep up with the competition, or to win us over ,like we're getting something new ( or not to lose sales I can't blame them for that)

because they were losing sales.

Only old people buy arrangers, because they got money.

All of the up and coming bands, that you see or hear none of them use old fashion arrangers.or pa5x or yamaha yamaha genos 2 or roland and so on ...

Look at the stars..

Shania Twain
Taylor Swift
Bruno Mars
Adele
Billie Eilish
Ed Sheeran
Dua Lipa

or any country singer or rap singer or middle of the road singer none of them use a arrange keyboard have you seen it in a video or on stage.

If you see an arranger keyboard it's because the artist( someone like me ) is playing a retirement home or a nursing home or or in your basement or garage or some sleazy bar where old folks are drinking and too drunk to know what's going on .
Or you use it with your three piece band to rehearse, or to keep the band together because the players aren't that good, well it's really like playing karaoke tracks with your life band and follow along and sing. Well that's another story there live bands with all karaoke tracks and you play on top of it that's a subject for another day.

Now, we have the best keyboard arrange on the planet earth,The pa5x,or yamaha genos 2,
and what do we do with it show it off to the drunks at the bar or to our neighbors that come over and jam in the garage . What famous artist uses an arranger keyboard..

Someone tell me or show me who the artist is that uses and arrange keyboard.

Is there anyone under the age of 40 or 50 buys a keyboard like this.

People in young bands they usually buy keyboards as an example like this,
NAUTILUS
Kross
Stage vintage
Nord Grand
and more , not grandpas arrange your keyboard.

I'm just doing some research.

What do you think I knew subject.
SpOoNmAn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: What do you think Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
We must remember
when you buy any keyboard let me say it again any keyboard from any company the day that you purchase it.
The software or operating system that is in that keyboard.
You are stuck with it it will probably never change to get better.
The company has no obligation to update or to fix the keyboard you bought it as is.

Korg would update ,,not for us, but to try to keep up with the competition, or to win us over ,like we're getting something new ( or not to lose sales I can't blame them for that)

because they were losing sales.

Only old people buy arrangers, because they got money.

All of the up and coming bands, that you see or hear none of them use old fashion arrangers.or pa5x or yamaha yamaha genos 2 or roland and so on ...

Look at the stars..

Shania Twain
Taylor Swift
Bruno Mars
Adele
Billie Eilish
Ed Sheeran
Dua Lipa

or any country singer or rap singer or middle of the road singer none of them use a arrange keyboard have you seen it in a video or on stage.

If you see an arranger keyboard it's because the artist( someone like me ) is playing a retirement home or a nursing home or or in your basement or garage or some sleazy bar where old folks are drinking and too drunk to know what's going on .
Or you use it with your three piece band to rehearse, or to keep the band together because the players aren't that good, well it's really like playing karaoke tracks with your life band and follow along and sing. Well that's another story there live bands with all karaoke tracks and you play on top of it that's a subject for another day.

Now, we have the best keyboard arrange on the planet earth,The pa5x,or yamaha genos 2,
and what do we do with it show it off to the drunks at the bar or to our neighbors that come over and jam in the garage . What famous artist uses an arranger keyboard..

Someone tell me or show me who the artist is that uses and arrange keyboard.

Is there anyone under the age of 40 or 50 buys a keyboard like this.

People in young bands they usually buy keyboards as an example like this,
NAUTILUS
Kross
Stage vintage
Nord Grand
and more , not grandpas arrange your keyboard.

What do you think I knew subject.

Personally, I had my 1st korg arranger at the age of 29. I agree there's a stigma of age associated with arrangers, but I disagree as to why. I think the types of Styles is the greatest differentiator here. Most ppl think only oldies can be played, but that's simply not true anymore. And now that making styles yourself is doable, they are very capable machines, for All genres.

Im confused as to why you bring up big artists... why would they need the backing tracks when thats what the rest of the band is for? They just need some piano, strings, synths, quick brass, etc. And if they do need bass and drums, surely they just do it using a computer.

I currently love my Nautilus, but felt zero inspiration with the Fantom and Akai I bought shortly after the Nautilus. I'm getting a Pa5x(flaws and all) in the coming weeks. They should make quite the combo, the other 2 boards are up for sale.

Arrangers are great for studio work, and I'll be able to throw many more covers on youtube at a quicker pace. To keep saying they are only good for bars filled with drunks is a bit odd imo. And retirement homes? You're severely underestimating the allure of arrangers, I'll leave it at that. Have a wonderful day!
mstodola

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had my first arranger when I was young. Like Qui said, it is a great practice tool. And if you want something enough, you will eventually get the cash together to purchase it. People find the money for things that destroy their lives like drugs and liquor and to party, and to buy clothes with holes in it ... I could go on and on. If you want something and you're ambitious .... a person will find a way.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Gentlemen

SpOoNmAn

mstodola

thank you for your thoughts just something I was thinking about.
thank again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: