Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making Triton rack completely different than Triton studio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tma53204

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject: Making Triton rack completely different than Triton studio Reply with quote

I'm sorry if this has been covered...

Please give me a link if it has...

So I have a Triton studio and a Triton rack that I want to use together...

Both have the moss boards and I have all the exb-pcm's...

I have all but the orchestral collection 6 and 7 pcms in the studio and then those 2 in the rack...

I would like if possible to set up the rack as a completely different synth with completely different sounds and have it turn on that way while keeping the studio mostly stock...

I've looked through the downloads and it seems like there is lots of possible options...

If anyone could give me some advice on doing this the best way possible I would greatly appreciate it...

The other detail about this project that I've been working on for a long time is it's a mlan set up...

My original plan was to use a yamaha CS6R with the Triton studio...

After buying it along with the expansion cards I wanted ($$$) I discovered that it was 44.1khz where the triton is 48khz...

There is no way to use them together or record them into software at the same time with the mlan system...

I'm still blown away that yamaha and korg wouldn't have made it where you could select between sample rates...

The idea of that being the case hadn't occurred to me because it was too ridiculous of a thing to be real...

Lesson learned...

There was an mlan expansion for the EX5 that could do both 44.1 and 48 but I've never seen one for sale...

I've only seen pictures...

That I believe would have been the only non korg synth you could run along side a triton with the mlan expansions...

So to take advantage of all the built in mlan capabilities that korg put into the Triton studio the rack is pretty much my only option...

And it would be mostly pointless if both had the same sounds upon start up...

Sorry for the long story and thank you for any advice and direction any of you can offer...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: