Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

creating style automatic add 7th pattern

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liam_1a

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:42 pm    Post subject: creating style automatic add 7th pattern Reply with quote

I recorded a style from scratch.
i'm working now on acc1, i played C [C,E,G].
now when i save the style and play C all works ok
when i play C7 it still play [C,E,G] (i see on the pc midi input)

is it possible that the korg will play [C,E,G,A#]?
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: creating style automatic add 7th pattern Reply with quote

liam_1a wrote:
i'm working now on acc1, i played C [C,E,G].
now when i save the style and play C all works ok
when i play C7 it still play [C,E,G] (i see on the pc midi input)

On my PA3Xle when I play C it shows C and when I play C7 it shows C7 and sounds a C7. This is visually reflected on the top row of the screen and my ears. Now, as to how you see on the pc midi input, I can't say. Maybe it has to do with a shortcoming of information on your pc midi input? Hope this helps. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: creating style automatic add 7th pattern Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
On my PA3Xle when I play C it shows C and when I play C7 it shows C7 and sounds a C7. This is visually reflected on the top row of the screen and my ears. Now, as to how you see on the pc midi input, I can't say. Maybe it has to do with a shortcoming of information on your pc midi input? .......

That is not a shortcoming of information, because chords on top row of the screen only are displays of chord recognition.
The chord output is the result of Chord Recognition and the settings of NTT-Type and NTT-Table and requires the correct setting when programming the chords.

liam_1a wrote:

If you want to hear C E G A# and if you just want to record one Chord Variation for a Style Element, it is necessary
- to set the original key/chord to “maj7”,
- to set NTT-type to parallel and NTT-table to parallel/i-series
- and next is to be very careful to program the 7th+ note (i.e., with a “Cmaj7th” key/chord, the B), to avoid the lack of notes, or a bad NTT conversion when playing different chords.

Now when you play C E G you get a CMaj (because of NTT processing) , when you play Bes C E G you get a C7 (also because of NTT processing).
But now when you play B C E G you get your CM7, because that is this chord that will be played back exactly as it was recorded, without any NTT processing.

That is, because in Style Play mode, this chord will be played back exactly as it was recorded, without any NTT processing

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: