Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backlight Replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinnieD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Backlight Replacement Reply with quote

Can someone guide me thru replacing the led backlight on a LE76. Is there a specific led only to be used, part # maybe or voltage. My existing light is on but very dim. Screen and contrast work fine though. Is this possible. Thanks
SoundWerx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Sure it's possible and it's relatively easy. I've just replaced the LED on my own TR this past year. It's a single bright white LED that pokes into the plastic screen diffuser.

You want to get a 5mm bright white LED with forward voltage tolerances of 4.2 ~ 4.8v. I used a 20,000 lumens LED which is VERY bright but it turned out fantastic.

The original LED is a Nicha NSPW510 so if you grab the datasheet for that you should be able to find a suitable match.

The TR needs to be gutted to get to the display (as usual!). What you will notice is that the LED cathode and anode slide through a spacer and that they are bent at a 90 degree angle before entering the diffuser. The best advice I can give you is use the old LED as a template. You need to make sure you have your anode and cathode position correct when you make the bend.

The old LED needs to be desoldered, if you don't have a solder sucker you can cut each pin on the old LED from the top of the circuit board then, while heating the solder point for one of the cut pins, gently pull from the top using some pliers. I use a desoldering station but you could do it without one.

Solder the new LED in. Reassemble.
SoundWerx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW the LE and TR are the same in this regard.
tma53204

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the triton le bulb a blue led..?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: