Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Echo drums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
filipe_l

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject: Echo drums Reply with quote

Sometimes I get some kind of echo in drums of my imported styles and it is not any master or insert effects.I don't know how to remove this. Anyone with this issue?
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This echo may come from effects added via drum editor
filipe_l

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It doesn't have also
filipe_l

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is an example.

take 1 it is normal with global reverb on settings general set 0 and you can listen the echo reverb without any global or insert effect

then

if I set global reverb to the most negative number it is what I would expect to hear (take2) but.... when I do that I also remove any global or insert effect that I might use

https://meocloud.pt/link/e400d492-4d8a-4af9-ad26-0c80ac019434/Take1.mp3/

https://meocloud.pt/link/cd3499bd-eda3-4693-a78f-2c4b73416e58/Take2.mp3/
iOpus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filipe_l wrote:
Here it is an example.

take 1 it is normal with global reverb on settings general set 0 and you can listen the echo reverb without any global or insert effect

then

if I set global reverb to the most negative number it is what I would expect to hear (take2) but.... when I do that I also remove any global or insert effect that I might use

https://meocloud.pt/link/e400d492-4d8a-4af9-ad26-0c80ac019434/Take1.mp3/

https://meocloud.pt/link/cd3499bd-eda3-4693-a78f-2c4b73416e58/Take2.mp3/

You're right. I noticed the same thing a while ago. I also noticed that there is an echo that does not exist in the effect settings. It is also found on the 4 pads.
It's a flagship keyboard and wants to reward us with a plus effect for the money we overpaid. He just wants to repay us in some way.
Excuse my satire and humor. That's where the matter has come.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Echo drums Reply with quote

filipe_l wrote:
Sometimes I get some kind of echo in drums of my imported styles and it is not any master or insert effects.I don't know how to remove this ....

Samples maybe unprocessed (»Dry«), finely polished (»Wet«) and provided with creative effects (»FX«).

If you get a kind of echo drums without master or insert effects and also without Ambiance effects of drumeditor, you cannot remove its echo, because maybe your instruments of a drumkit use samples recorded with effects (wet or FX).

Your echo drums maybe samples of drumkits that are not recorded to be finished with dedicated effects, but are recorded with use of reel-to-reel tape machines, magnetic tapes or similar technologies.
If effect can rebuilt easily, then samples would be recorded dry. When the effect is an integral part of the sound design it is recorded as a wet sample and its effect settings can not be removed later.
However, as pawlikp100 has already informed, the echo probably comes from the effects of the drum editor. Try to set the "AmbienceVolume" slider of the relevant drum-family to zero and you will get the drum-instrument "dry" without environment and mechanical noise, that maybe was added with drum-editor.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
iOpus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Echo drums Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
filipe_l wrote:
Sometimes I get some kind of echo in drums of my imported styles and it is not any master or insert effects.I don't know how to remove this ....

Samples maybe unprocessed (»Dry«), finely polished (»Wet«) and provided with creative effects (»FX«).

If you get a kind of echo drums without master or insert effects and also without Ambiance effects of drumeditor, you cannot remove its echo, because maybe your instruments of a drumkit use samples recorded with effects (wet or FX).

Your echo drums maybe samples of drumkits that are not recorded to be finished with dedicated effects, but are recorded with use of reel-to-reel tape machines, magnetic tapes or similar technologies.
If effect can rebuilt easily, then samples would be recorded dry. When the effect is an integral part of the sound design it is recorded as a wet sample and its effect settings can not be removed later.
However, as pawlikp100 has already informed, the echo probably comes from the effects of the drum editor. Try to set the "AmbienceVolume" slider of the relevant drum-family to zero and you will get the drum-instrument "dry" without environment and mechanical noise, that maybe was added with drum-editor.

Not my friend. We have a little more experience and we can recognize what you are talking about.
On Pa4x they were (drums, pads) 100% dry, then they get an effect and it is not surprising that much. Well, let's hope and be reasonable if by chance they solve this problem in an update next year or in the coming year, when it's his turn, so it's not a few bugs, isn't it.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Echo drums Reply with quote

filipe_l wrote:
Sometimes I get some kind of echo in drums of my imported styles and it is not any master or
insert effects.I don't know how to remove this ....

A PaSeries feature in drumkits since Pa3X is ambient samples of DK elements , a feature that was never provided
to users for custom samples as the new added 4 levels Round-Robin.

Your custom styles are using factory DKs samples and in Pa5X in the same DKs that exist in Pa4X , they have added
extra ambient samples of DK elements.

Advanced users know that feature and it's not a bug or malfunction , so if this disturbs you (as siebenhirter wrote)
you edit DK from sound edit , remove ambient samples or reduce their volume in mix for all elements and velocities
and then save it in User DK.

IMO a definitely silly thing to do since ambient samples are the real environment effects that are used in expensive
VST drums & percussion and provide the natural room environment of native instruments that can't be precisely
replicated by common extra FX.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
filipe_l

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am noticing this in every kit I select in the same style so must be some hidden parameter inside the style
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

filipe_l wrote:
I am noticing this in every kit I select in the same style so must be some hidden parameter inside the style

Explore the DK you use in this Style at REC / Edit Sound and you will see that all Latin percussion have
Ambient sound samples attached in every element.
Also check in your Styles "insert" FX in DK track if you listen to similar things.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
filipe_l

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I edit the same drumset I do not hear any effect
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there is an insert effect in Style DK track that adds this.
But as I have written , do not convert older PaSeries Styles until new OS v.1.1 , there are a lot of most important
issues you can find in custom Styles with current OS.

filipe_l

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Then there is an insert effect in Style DK track that adds this.
But as I have written , do not convert older PaSeries Styles until new OS v.1.1 , there are a lot of most important
issues you can find in custom Styles with current OS.

I am not converting, I am importing from a midi with markers
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re do not convert older PaSeries Sty Reply with quote

filipe_l wrote:
.. I am not converting, I am importing from a midi with markers

Importing a SMF separated by markers also means to do a data conversion.

During the import procedure there are some events stripped off the sequence, other events are automatically transferred to the Style Element or Pad header. Sounds assigned to tracks are only imported, provided the Program Change, Bank Select MSB and LSB events are on the first ‘tick’ of the SMF or are overridden by Sounds of Style Settings, in case Original Sound Set parameter is not checked - and at least importing Midi events, only events allowed for recording are imported from SMF ....

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
filipe_l

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Re do not convert older PaSeries Sty Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
filipe_l wrote:
.. I am not converting, I am importing from a midi with markers

Importing a SMF separated by markers also means to do a data conversion.

During the import procedure there are some events stripped off the sequence, other events are automatically transferred to the Style Element or Pad header. Sounds assigned to tracks are only imported, provided the Program Change, Bank Select MSB and LSB events are on the first ‘tick’ of the SMF or are overridden by Sounds of Style Settings, in case Original Sound Set parameter is not checked - and at least importing Midi events, only events allowed for recording are imported from SMF ....

I don't have any effect controller that may cause this happen so it must be any kind of effect come in the system exclusive message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: