Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts about Korg and Pa5X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ chelsea4023

Brilliant post.
Totally agree with your feelings.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Following on from my original Post, are there any Forum Members that have watched the video comparing Yamaha Genos sounds to Korg PA5X sounds ?
If so, do they think one keyboard stands out from the other for better sounds or is it that the sounds are fairly even ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2M1begz-ds

Chris
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
Following on from my original Post, are there any Forum Members that have watched the video comparing Yamaha Genos sounds to Korg PA5X sounds ?
If so, do they think one keyboard stands out from the other for better sounds or is it that the sounds are fairly even ?

Chris

Difficult to tell really, This YouTube test is skewed by a few factors...

(A) They decided to use the camera microphone as part of the recording source (not the best idea)...

(B) Both keyboards are using different speaker systems...

This would of been much better if they used line-out (L/R) to a single Mixer, Gain Stage both keyboards and knocked off the Master EQ on both instrument and use the same recording source from the mixer...

Then you would have a more Comparable Test which would highlight the difference between individual sounds, including the application of effects used by each company...

So a Wet and Dry FX test might also be interesting...

But all very subjective when coming from a individual perspective, the True Test is how someone connects (or not connects) to any instrument, where you can find yourself sometimes having opposing results from personal opinions made from YouTube (favourable or not favourable)...

Something I have experienced many times when comparing both scenarios (YouTube tests compared to a hands on approach) Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
are there any Forum Members that have watched the video comparing Yamaha Genos sounds to Korg PA5X sounds

Yes, watched that - total waste of time really as you have no idea about the EQ, FX and other settings on both keyboards, let alone what they are "recorded" through.
Nice fun guy but very marketing oriented - the message I got from that was that he wants to "sell PA5x and still sell Genos".

Not seen any keyboard "comparison" video yet that is worthwhile or produced fairly and professionally with full configuration details.
So, in answer to your question, I gleaned nothing from that video other than fun to watch - would love to be able to play like him!!!!

Very Happy
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,

Chris

Let's keep it simple: ask yourself if this is a fair comparison. Are both instruments put within the same environment, amplifiers, speakers etc.? If not => no fair comparison. Second: perception of sound is personal. IMHO you have to compare instruments yourself within same day, same store, same floor, etc. To me Youtube isn't a good place for comparison, test etc.
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant compare any of korg half/arrangers, chip for audio output is ridiculous on korg comparing to any tyros keyboards.... i have both in same time, korg is like a toy comparing to yamaha output. Factory sounds on yamaha done need any changes for playing, and for korg you can never make sound as it have to be.... every sound on any pa aranger sounds ok in one octave, and its disaster in another.... in live play, its hours and hours of tuning korg aranger, in yamaha you only have to edit styles and sounds..... in korg you have to edit also parametric for evey single part of style..... and it can never be done.....
the_boss81

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this supposed to be a joke? Or shoddy propaganda? Laughing
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you got impresion that its a joke?
the_boss81

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because some of my friends play Yamaha (of course I have NO problem with that), so I know the stronger and weaker sides of Korg and Yamaha. If it's not a joke or propaganda, I don't understand why you waste your time on a Korg forum if Yamaha is so much better for you... Best regards Wink
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_boss81 wrote:
Because some of my friends play Yamaha (of course I have NO problem with that), so I know the stronger and weaker sides of Korg and Yamaha. If it's not a joke or propaganda, I don't understand why you waste your time on a Korg forum if Yamaha is so much better for you... Best regards Wink

+1
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
I Know maybe lot of us are disappointed on korg for what happened in this months of the resealing an unfinished product.

Yea it was not a good thing!

On the same time, I don’t think Korg will
Miss this opportunity to fix all the problems.
And maybe even ad good and useful things on the new Os.

I still trust and wait for the os. There is not much we can do.!
If they fix it , I will be more than grateful.
If not, I will say thank you for all this years and move on.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
keith-helen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I have decided (and ordered) to buy the 5x. I am aware of the concerns raised here, but I considered that my 4x is 4 years old and the longer I delay the value of the 4x will decrease and the 5x may increase. I went to our fairly near shop and they offered me £1700 for my 4x leaving me £2300 to find which I considered to be acceptable. They said they expect to receive their next delivery in December so my good lady has said that it can be my christmas present. As I am a home player - a bouter I do not use all the available features so can wait for any updates.
As the new manual is available I will print it out and make myself aware of its capabilities.
Regards

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Keith...

Very happy with my 5X. I hadn't converted many files from the 4X to the 5X, and have had few problems other than the known bugs.

I did however convert The Korg Style Packs 1 - 42. I may decide to Restore to Factory and then Re-Import after the new Release comes out in December, just to ensure no issues.

I too am a home user, so it's been a great experience for me. Absolutely love it!!

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith-helen wrote:
I went to our fairly near shop and they offered me £1700 for my 4x leaving me £2300 to find which I considered to be acceptable

Hi Keith

I am delighted to see that the PA5x change-over cost is the same for you as for me here in Australia.
I am yet to decide if my PA4x plus $4,500 is worth the changes.

What convinced you to go ahead?

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
keith-helen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karma
A few things actually

1. I was of the view that the PA4X trade in value would only be reduced as more time went by and more people traded up .

2. Once I knew what the trade in value would be I could then be in a position to decide.

3. As I am 75 I thought it would be nice to treat myself. My daughter has been going through a very rough time as she lost her husband without any warning 6 months ago. I suggested that she and my partner should go away on holiday for a week and this they did. so whilst they were away enjoying themselves I rang her up and suggested that I might go to the music shop and have a look at the PA5X , she replied that you might as well get one as you deserve it. wasn't that nice. My plan worked.

4. I do not use most of the features on the 4x so the problems that exist on the 5x are unlikely to affect me. I can just play the same songs badly on another keyboard.

Best wishes

Keith
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: