Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Studio Moss library not sounding in sequence mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaythemenace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Triton Studio Moss library not sounding in sequence mode Reply with quote

I notice there’s an unusual way of installing libraries on Triton Studio vs my old Triton Classic. Korg support will only send me links to specific sections of the manual. I have done everything I needed to do to get factory OS, updates, libraries, & expansions installed properly.

Yet MOSS library isn’t sounding when in sequence mode. The names are there, just no sound. If I switch to program mode, they will sound. Almost forgot to mention the MOSS board is installed & plugged in. I was told installing libraries to hard drive will do no good. So I’m assuming this feature was only meant to be a back up utility. Correct me if I’m wrong. But my main focus is why MOSS kit bank F isn’t sounding in sequence mode. I didn’t have this issue when I had Triton pro X 88.

I appreciate any help necessary to get me up & running smooth. It’s just an unusual discouraging situation, hopefully just a minor hiccup I may have overlooked, wishing I stuck with choosing a Triton Classic 61. And Hopefully it’s not the matter of me purchasing a Triton Studio shipped from Japan either.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's an annoying "Korgism" that requires you to specifically allocate MOSS voices to particular tracks in sequencer mode. In SEQ mode, push the MENU button, select P4:Zone/Ctrl, bottom tab select MOSS 1-8 or MOSS 9-16, change Voice Allocation Reserve from 0 to 1-6.
Jaythemenace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
Yeah, there's an annoying "Korgism" that requires you to specifically allocate MOSS voices to particular tracks in sequencer mode. In SEQ mode, push the MENU button, select P4:Zone/Ctrl, bottom tab select MOSS 1-8 or MOSS 9-16, change Voice Allocation Reserve from 0 to 1-6.

OH WOW! I had a bad feeling it was a simple fix. I vaguely remember doing this on my old Triton classic. That explains why some of my songs had no more than 2 bank F presets, allocating voices were required.

Now I have to figure out how come some factory presets from INT banks C & D are not showing at all.They should be there since expansions load into a separate row of banks. With the Triton classic I had to load specific presets from factory disc to bank E. these presets were naturally replaced with EXB libraries loaded into banks C & D.

Thank you for responding to my question no mater how lame it must have been. there's just curtain steps forgotten with workstations not as important or no longer needed these days.
fwroberts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bpoodoo !!

I was having the same problem.

Triton Classic
version 2.5.0 (MOSS, EXB2, EXB5)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: