Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VST Drums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keys1970

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject: VST Drums Reply with quote

Drum machines (Boss DR-770, Alesis SR-16) have a drum fill button that triggers the drum fill pattern that is associated with the main drum pattern. Arranger type keyboards (Korg EK-50, Korg Pa5X) have the same type of drum fill button. As I study VST drum software (EZ Drummer 3, and others) I don't see an on-screen button/graphic to trigger a drum fill pattern during the playback of the main drum pattern (via Mouse, QWERTY, MIDI device). It seems to me that VST drum software provides many drum patterns and many associated drum fills; however, there is no way to trigger a drum fill during the main drum pattern. The user has to drag in the main pattern, then drag in the fill pattern, repeat/loop, etc. Am I missing something? I like the physical buttons (Start, Main (4 variations), Fill, and End) on the Boss DR-770 and Korg EK-50; however, their selection of drum patterns is quite limited compared to what VST drum software (say, EZ Drummer 3) offers. Thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: