Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touch panel is unresponsive...sigh...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
murcuh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:02 am    Post subject: Touch panel is unresponsive...sigh... Reply with quote

So, my touch panel stopped working. My screen works just fine and i can play, but i can't edit at all. 2 months ago, i powered up my krome to start an afternoon of programming for an upcomming show. Little would i know, my touch screen wouldn't work. I've been editing in the Krome Editor since, but it's an akward workflow. I can't make changes live.

Sometimes when i boot, the touch panel would work, sometimes limited (can't use the dropdown menu), but mostly not at all. I'm completely lost, there are virtually no repair shops i can take this workstation to in my country, let alone get any parts.

Has this happened to you before? how did you fix it? Got any tips?

Thanks for checking this topic. All help is greatly appreciated.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Touch Panel Calibration. It's in the Global menu page P0.

murcuh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Have you tried Touch Panel Calibration. It's in the Global menu page P0.

I have, but nothing happens when i touch the screen. Even if the touch screen works, it only does on certain parts. Like, i would press the category tab, and the drop down menu would come out. It's strange.
EdK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this issue with my Triton Studio. The touchscreen has gone bad. Needed to have it replaced. Had to wait about 4 weeks for the part to be shipped from Japan as noboty in the USA had it in stock.

From what the tech told me, the touch screen is a layered screen. Only one of the layers are designed to recognize the screen being touched. Seems it's not an unusual problem with Korg touch screens. Don't know if more recent Korg keyboards suffer from the same thing but apparently it's pretty common on the Studio and older models and now your Krome which is slightly newer than my Studio.

The part was pretty cheap (less than $20.00). The labor however required pretty much a complete dismantling of the keyboard. My total repair cost was under $200.00
yoshi88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very reasonable price for parts and labour. The screen is composed of a touch overlay sandwiched on the illuminated display. Getting to this component requires removal of other components before it can be accessed. The touch overlay is then removed and replaced before all the components are reassembled.

EdK wrote:
I had this issue with my Triton Studio. The touchscreen has gone bad. Needed to have it replaced. Had to wait about 4 weeks for the part to be shipped from Japan as noboty in the USA had it in stock.

From what the tech told me, the touch screen is a layered screen. Only one of the layers are designed to recognize the screen being touched. Seems it's not an unusual problem with Korg touch screens. Don't know if more recent Korg keyboards suffer from the same thing but apparently it's pretty common on the Studio and older models and now your Krome which is slightly newer than my Studio.

The part was pretty cheap (less than $20.00). The labor however required pretty much a complete dismantling of the keyboard. My total repair cost was under $200.00

Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: