Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues connecting Opsix to Librarian - Win10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantomsabre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Issues connecting Opsix to Librarian - Win10 Reply with quote

Hello - has anyone had any resolution to errors with connecting the Opsix to the Opsix Librarian software in Windows 10?

The installation process is a little haphazard, but I've at least made it to the point where the software sees that there is a Korg opsix 1 available to try connecting, but just gives the error "Unable to connect to the device".

Tried on 2 different computers, 2 different USB cables, both through a USB hub and directly connected.
-both Windows 10, version 10.0.19041
-ran through the Opsix librarian instructions a couple of times, uninstalling and restarting multiple times
-freed up the TCP/IP and UDP 50000-50001 for Opsix as well as TCP and UDP 5353 for Bonjour, per troubleshooting guidelines
-added the RNDIS network driver, per librarian instructions
-Confirmed Opsix software is 1.0.1
-No VPN software in use
-using the latest librarian software version 1.0.0 available on the website

I'm going to assume that it's still buggy and may try getting the Sysex software instead to try uploading patches, but if they have an actual Opsix librarian, I'd like it to work.

I'm sure it's just some weird networking thing I'm not thinking of, or something with the RNDIS driver compatibility with the hardware.

I tried digging into multiple other forums, and it looked like people have had similar issues with wavestate last year, but maybe it just took time to resolve with updates.

I'll try to navigate the KORG service pathway next, if nothing else. Thanks for any info!
dvstywebb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you found any solutions? I'm having the exact same problem :/
Phantomsabre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject: re: Issues connecting Opsix to Librarian - Win10 Reply with quote

Unfortunately - no, I was never able to figure out how to get the Opsix to be recognized on the two computers (of mine).

However, once I tried using my spouse's computer, it does work on that one. Also Windows 10, and I think it was the same build - we haven't been holding off on updating at least.

Only differences that I can think of: it's a different brand - should not matter, but the main one that I think I have seen on other forums in the past year --
it has not had any other synthesizers hooked up to it previously, where my two computers had.

I thought I heard mention of something about only a certain number of the RNDIS connections could be mapped? So if you're trying to get the Opsix to be recognized on a computer that has had past connections mapped, it might not be recognized if those addresses are past a certain number. It ends up being too technical for me (I hate networking issues). So I was just glad that it worked on that one computer, and now I have to borrow it whenever I want to update anything through the Librarian.

My only advice is to keep trying other computers. The networking capabilities of the Korg synths do leave something to be desired, but I love it otherwise.

Sorry if that doesn't help much - best of luck.
WaveTable30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: opsix librarian connection issue on my mac mojave since july Reply with quote

Hi, so i have my opsix a while now, librarian always worked. did my various updates w/the updater, have a firewall but never had to add permissions before because it always connected.

ok so after i got native, it still worked fine. nothing in the way of me making any changes to my computer happened either. But recently i updated my modal app for my cobalt and argon, then, when i tried reconnecting to opsix, it stopped connecting.

now im not saying modal is somehow clashing with korg here or anything like that. but my opsix no longer connects.

so i contacted customer service, i was reccommended to basically redownload the updater and librarian, and try again.

I did however include permissions in my firewall to allow opsix native, updater, and librarian to run. Then i opened updater, which - actually connected! but because im already having my opsix at 2.0.1, it didnt send files to update it.

Then, I thought, ok, lets try the librarian - it surprisingly connected - but - only to say [and i never got this even, so at least its something, but] it said 'error - could not connect to device].

i will try a few more ways, but im not thinking its looking too good. either an aftermarket librarian with similar software structure, or an update [i know its still supported in japan, maybe ill have to get that if it ever comes out] would be helpful for mac and windows users.

if somehow though its just something i did when updating my other synth, then im hoping its like not needing me to get a whole new computer - because theres no way im gonna be able to do that xP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: