Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Printing the latest manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith-helen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject: Printing the latest manual Reply with quote

I am aware that this may appear to be a silly question, however I trust you will see the sense in it.

I understand that the next delivery of the 5x will be in December and that should be when I will receive it. In the meantime I could be familiarising myself with the capabilities of the machine before it arrives

I have always printed out the manuals and the amendments etc. I prefer to read them this way as I find it easier.

As the manual has about 1200 pages I am wondering whether to wait for the update in December and then print it or does the latest manual cover the items/matters which were not available on the actual 5x. I feel that only those that have the machine will be able to answer

Kind regards

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith

I always used to do this in the past but it is so much easier to manage on a PC or Mac - searching etc....

Anyhow, I would strongly recommend waiting until the newly released manuals are published before you potentially waste nearly 3 reams of paper.
I am assuming (and hoping) that much of the outstanding work and fixes will require further documentation.

Take it easy

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
davekalbach

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing the latest manual Reply with quote

keith-helen wrote:
I am aware that this may appear to be a silly question, however I trust you will see the sense in it.

I understand that the next delivery of the 5x will be in December and that should be when I will receive it. In the meantime I could be familiarising myself with the capabilities of the machine before it arrives

I have always printed out the manuals and the amendments etc. I prefer to read them this way as I find it easier.

As the manual has about 1200 pages I am wondering whether to wait for the update in December and then print it or does the latest manual cover the items/matters which were not available on the actual 5x. I feel that only those that have the machine will be able to answer

Kind regards

Keith Lawton

Keith,

I completely understand the preference of reading from a book. The cost might be slightly prohibitive, but the larger issue for me would be the Book has changed three times in nearly as many months. I believe we are currently on the third edition of the Performance Guide, and the just released first edition of the Users Guide.

Because of this, I have been placing the manuals on my iPad, which I'm starting to get used to reading from.

To answer the larger question, so far everything I've read in the Users Manual functions as stated. I am only about 200 pages in thus far.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
keith-helen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thank you all for your quick response, very much appreciated.
Pete thank you, I have the manual on pc (I have three computers, laptops and i pad)
but I do like to actually turn my pages. I do take your view that it would be best to wait until the machine arrives and see what the updates are.

Dave, again thank you The cost of printing is not a problem as I will put the cost against my little business. And as you stated, three reprints in as many months should seriously make me think again.

Once again to you both , thank you.

Regards

Keith
usaraiya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith,

You might get your 5X earlier than December as some are trickling down. I got mine last week, and so did another person on this forum; however, the OS was the original v1.0.0. The manuals are being edited, it seems, without any relationship to the KB releases, and they will continue to be updated frequently. So printing one may not be the best option.

Smile

Uday

Last edited by usaraiya on Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me The quickest way to use manual is having it everytime and everywhere as PDF in the mobile phone or tablet. It is handy, your manual is always updated, and at your fingers.
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith, I’d be inclined to wait because the update could add more functions, so you may have to print the whole thing out all over again especially if any changes are made throughout the manual, rather than just tacked on as an update.
Maybe just put up with the inconvenience of reading on pc for time being.
I personally prefer a paper copy also.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
bobb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith
I’m in the same position (August order, advised a September delivery…).
As regards manuals, I used to print them but now I download a PDF using an iPad app called ‘Books’ .

I know it’s useful to be able write notes and use highlighters but the quick search facility of ‘Books’ is extremely useful.
However, I think I might supplement this with some very selective printing once we have 1.1.0…..
Let’s hope we’re not waiting for too long….
Bobb
Plymouth
mlavio829

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing the latest manual Reply with quote

keith-helen wrote:

Kind regards

Keith Lawton

@Keith, where did you hear that the next delivery of the Pa5x would be in December? Seems these dates keep changing.
keith-helen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thank you to all of you who have taken the time to respond, much appreciated and taken on board, i.e I will wait.

I was told by the member of staff at Bonners music store in Eastbourne that they are not expecting the next delivery of the 5x until December and he has taken my details in order for him to contact me. So if it comes in before that I would expect to be informed. Hopefully it will come in well before christmas then my good lady can buy me something else for christmas or is that wishful thinking.

Regards

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: