Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bi-timbral sound over midi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splinters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Bi-timbral sound over midi Reply with quote

I am wanting to connect a midi keyboard to the Grandstage to control a second sound, say a brass section, while the main board plays organ.
Maybe I misunderstood the manual, but it reads like you can set a channel for the ensemble sound (brass) and have the GS play the main sound (organ).
I connected a Roland A800 pro but I am yet to get it to play the GS whatever I set it to.
I realise this is likely a setting on the Roland I need to change, but from playing the GS with the ensemble set to channel 2, I am getting both sounds playing simultaneously.
Is my goal here realistic? There are a lot of sounds (and polyphony) in the GS, it seems a real wasted opportunity if i cant play one sound from an external keyboard and one locally….
splinters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was a quick fix. For anyone interested it does work, you simply have to use split on the GS and set the split point at the bottom of the keyboard so there is no sound made by the GS, but the external kb plays the whole range of the ensemble sound…pretty cool.
I forgot that the Roland usually needs a restart after a system change so its all good now…and I can also control an iPad through USB at the same time so I have a nice little live set up now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Grandstage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: