Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor/Librarian program for Windows 10..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject: Editor/Librarian program for Windows 10.. Reply with quote

I bought a M3-M (obviously used...very used!) and some of the sliders and buttons don't like me! Is there some way to remotely edits combis and programs? Are there any instructions for doing this?
I love the sounds and mine came with the expanded ram and additional boards so it would be a shame not to be able to use this.
BTW:
BUYING SIGHT UNSEEN WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN! LOL![/b]
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg M3 Editor should allow the control surface to be remotely controlled via a PC. Look for M3/Editor Software in the link below:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/140/

Another option to consider would be to get it serviced, and repaired if necessary.

Cathy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I did d/l the editor but with my Windows 10 computer it didn't seem to work. As for repairs I had hoped to avoid sending it off.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USB MIDI driver will need to be installed in order to use the Editor. The driver can be downloaded from here:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/1/140/3541/

There should be a PDF document included in the download that details driver installation. Follow the instructions to remove any unwanted previously installed MIDI drivers. Windows can only see 10 MIDI driver entries. This number can easily be exceeded, because connecting just one MIDI device or MIDI instrument to several different USB ports will generate a driver entry for each USB port. Any more than 10 entries are ignored.

Make sure that the editor software is not running.

Once the driver is installed, connect the PC to the M3 using a USB cable, then start the editor software. It may be necessary to set the MIDI In and Out Port settings in the Editor's Global menu. Hopefully the software will be able to read the M3's Programs, Combinations and Global settings.
Cathy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the help,I'll give it a try...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: