Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5x Hardware questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stkeys

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject: PA5x Hardware questions. Reply with quote

I've been reading a lot of negatives about the PA5x concerning software bugs and other issues but how does the hardware side of things fair?

I'm mainly looking at the 76 or 61 key versions so can any owners tell me if they have any hardware problems with their keyboard?

Is the touchscreen responsive?
Do the sliders send out Midi CC to enable controlling Software Organ Drawbars?
Does the Aftertouch work well or does it need a lot of pressure to engage?

Thanks in advance.
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I haven’t had any hardware issues with mine It is 88 notes, though. One of the members Andrew did end up with a problem with his 88 note keybed. The keys were clacky. Pretty bad.😞. Happy to say it was fixed, and he has moved on . Decided a digital piano and his Genos were a better fit for him😀.
Things are now sorted for him which is great. I don’t really keep up to date with social media, so if there’s other problems I’m not aware of them. I have been watching the UK webinars with Adam and Luke. ( reruns as the time slot doesn’t suit)I pick up on the odd good tip there.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST: No problems hardware wise with my 76 version. AT works well for without even adjusting and the screen is responsive. I do not use software organ software with my board so cannot tell you if any CC concerns. I find the Cx3 organs quite adequate for my needs. Best of luck with your decision. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
bensel46

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with my 5X-76.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some users reported LCD backlit problems

Last edited by pawlikp100 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
thomasteele

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exit button -loose lots of faulty switches, never had this on any other korg I possessed Korg will fix switches -but the question is when. its been a few months now.
Aluminium side brackets far better than the wooden ones on the pa5x you have to be a bit more careful as they scratch easily
keybee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hardware on my Pa5X (61 keys) is very solid and reliable. The 61 keybed is excellent, and for me this gives the best experience I ever had with an unweighted keybed (of course for playing classical piano I prefer certain weighted 88 keybeds, although this can be done also surprisingly well on the
small 61 keybed of the Pa5X)
organtax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issues with my 88 key Pa5X. Everything I've tried works fine.
stkeys

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your replies, I was considering picking up a used one at a great price but as there are no Korg dealers close by to repair it if needed and the cost of shipping such a large heavy keyboard is high I think I'll give this a pass.
iOpus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience is this:
I bought my Korg Pa5x in June 2022 and immediately noticed that it had a problem with the screen and it rebooted a lot (I wrote about it here). Horizontal lines occasionally appeared on the screen. After a long explanation with the seller, it was replaced with a new one KorgPa5x. With the new one, I didn't have those problems, but I noticed that on the first octave, the E tone is a little harder to press (it returns slower than the other keys). I could no longer go and look for a replacement because the replacement worked perfectly for me with everything else, I decided to fix it myself at the first opportunity. In Macedonia and also in Serbia (I called Belgrade on the phone and they confirmed it) our representatives for Korg find an electronics service and conclude a cooperation agreement even though the service person has never seen a Korg Pa5x in real life. Such a repairman may have once opened a Casio MT or Yamaha PSS, so it is best to repair it myself. An instrument maintenance service, to be good, should have good electrоnics man and its staff should receive adequate training and familiarization with the instrument. I believe that the situation is the same in other countries.
Conclusion:
Unfortunately, lately it is happening more and more often that we buy a cat in a bag. Good luck to all new Korg Pa5x buyers.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
petr14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issues with my 61 key Pa5X. I carry it several kilometers on my back every week.
Yamaha DX Reface, Casio CT-S1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: