Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

System freeze !?!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thethirdapple

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject: System freeze !?!? Reply with quote

Greetings,

The WS completely freezes when selecting one of the combi’s. No sound and no buttons function when the one and only the one combi is selected… Only does this with the one specific combi, so I am led to believe it could simply be “corrupt” data and hopefully a re-install of that bank will clear it up.

Although I wonder if this could be an indication of a failing system and so would want to avoid a bank reset if it makes the issues worse?!?!

Other than the one combi, everything else functions and switching the WS off and on brings the system back to life.

Any advice or experience shared related to a combi crashing the system is welcome…

PEACE

Last edited by thethirdapple on Fri May 12, 2023 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
exobot

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly the same thing, but I did have an issue where my Karma would start producing loud screeching noises in specific situations such as particularly busy Combis. Amazingly the issue turned out to be a wildly out of spec cheap power supply bought by the previous owner. Apparently it was just bad enough that stressing the CPU would cause enough of a voltage drop to mess with operation.

In your situation I imagine file corruption is a much more likely cause, but it's not entirely impossible that something like this could be caused by power issues. Even an OEM psu can have bad caps etc.
thethirdapple

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch that does not sound fun… all puns intended.

Thank you for your reply, although that seems quite different snd hopefully wont have to open the WS up.
exobot

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should clarify that the problem in my case was the external AC to AC brick, though it's plausible that a similar issue might arise from the internal power cicuitry.

I live in hope this is an extremely rare issue. I can only imagine how many people would give up on diagnosis, especially if one didn't have an obviously dodgy PSU like I did.
thethirdapple

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update the the thread:

Re-loaded the bank, and all seems good again.

I suppose an erroneous sysex transfer to be the cause of this particular data corruption. Got a recommended Motu Fastlane and it seems to be functioning correctly for now.

Peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: