Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to connect PA 50 to my mobile?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emilshamloo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject: How to connect PA 50 to my mobile? Reply with quote

Hello,
I own a very nice Korg PA 50 and I am very proud of it Smile
I am learning piano and I trying to learn by the app called "Simply piano".
For better recognition of what I play, the app suggest me to connect from the MIDI connection to my mobile by a Cable.
please, look at the cable
https://screenrec.com/share/Go03Anp89Z

when I connect my Android mobile, there is no recognition! And the app can not here the PA 50 by cable.
I have to turn on the speakers, then the app here the PA 50.
Am I doing the connection correct?
Do I need some other kind of cable?
Do I need to configure my PA 50 in some how?
Regards
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weblink given for the cable is a bit weird, as it gives absolutely no technical information, and displays in a strange way. Hopefully it's not a scam website.

The cable shown in the link is probably a DIN MIDI to 3.5mm jack adapter cable. Although it might fit into the earphone/microphone connector on an Android phone, it is not the correct cable. MIDI only carries data, such as note on/off, pitchbend, and damper pedal on/off, but not audio. In any case, the Simply Piano app requires a MIDI connection, to see which notes are being played on the keyboard.

Have a look at this link, for info on how to get MIDI data from keyboard to phone:

https://piano-help.hellosimply.com/en/articles/2627999-using-a-midi-cable-with-simply-piano-for-android

Basically you will require an "on the go" connector for your Android device, and also a MIDI to USB converter. The link describes what to buy, and the necessary steps.

Emilshamloo

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I found that I need a MIDI to USB C type!
Thanks for your time and your explanation!
Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: