Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No section for Drumlogue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:22 pm    Post subject: No section for Drumlogue? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I couldn't find any section on the new Drumlogue. Pehaps I missed it? Any reason why not? Sorry if it has been asked before.

Regards,
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it need one?
If I were to make a new section for every single product KORG released, the forum would be a mile long to scroll down through. Which I'm totally ok with if people would use them, but my guess is most of these area’s would remain mostly unused.

For example, the Vox Contental section has been open 2 years and has only 2 threads.

The ModWave, I would have imagined would have been a popular item for discussion, yet only 122 threads exist.

Typically though, anything that doesn’t have a dedicated section has a general one. Like General KORG Synths for example.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=12

Kind regards
Sharp.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp, oh I see. I though we had a section for all new decent modules. Perhaps it's not that popular.

Dniss
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A forum search for Drumlogue returns 5 matches, the Vox Continental has 94 matches, whilst a search for Kronos returns 20344 matches. I agree with Sharp. If the demand is there, postings-wise, for the Drumlogue, then it can qualify for it's own forum section.

Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be the best section to ask about Drumlogue? I have a question.
TIA
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In their Products webpages, Korg list the Drumlogue in the "DJ & Production Tools" section, under the heading "Analogue Synth Series", so maybe the "Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General)" section of the forum is a good place to start. A mention in this thread, directing users to the presence of Drumlogue postings in that section, will help others find the posting. The forum is trawled by search engines, so anyone using e.g. Bing or Google, to search for Drumlogue, should be able to find the postings within a few days. The first posting in this thread, made yesterday, already comes up in search engine results.

Hope that helps.

petr14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Does it need one?
If I were to make a new section for every single product KORG released, the forum would be a mile long to scroll down through. Which I'm totally ok with if people would use them, but my guess is most of these area’s would remain mostly unused.

For example, the Vox Contental section has been open 2 years and has only 2 threads.

The ModWave, I would have imagined would have been a popular item for discussion, yet only 122 threads exist.

Typically though, anything that doesn’t have a dedicated section has a general one. Like General KORG Synths for example.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=12

Kind regards
Sharp.

I have a VOX Continental and it makes me happy. But it's a simple instrument and there's nothing to worry about.
Yamaha DX Reface, Casio CT-S1
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr14 wrote:

I have a VOX Continental and it makes me happy. But it's a simple instrument and there's nothing to worry about.

That’s an excellent point. Just because we don’t have many Drumlogue threads doesn’t mean that it’s not popular either, Using the same logic, it may just be an easy product to use so there’s not really much to say or ask for in the way of support.

Regards
Sharp.
slug

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
maybe the "Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General)" section of the forum is a good place to start.

While Drumlogue does contain one single virtual analog synth in the multi engine (created by third party company Sinevibes), it has 4 analog voices and 6 sampled voices centered around sequencing and FX. Being the virtual analog voice loaded into the Multi Engine from the factory is a minor aspect compared with its analog and sampling/sample parts, my humble opinion is that Drumlogue does not belong in the Virtual Analog Synths (general) section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: