Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound stops randomly using MIDI-in port

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefanoancis

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Sound stops randomly using MIDI-in port Reply with quote

Hi, i'm Stefano from Italy. I have a problem with my Krome 61. I'm using a master keyboard connected via MIDI-in port to my Krome, in order to split some voices. Unfortunately sound stops randomly while i'm playing and it's very annoying when it appens on-stage. I tried to reset and update firmware but the problem is still there. Can someone help me?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What master keyboard is being used, and is it connected via DIN MIDI, or via a USB host? Is there an expression pedal in the setup? Could it be that the polyphony limits are being exceeded?

stefanoancis

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The master keyboard is an Edirol PC50 but there is the same problem trying to use a Yamaha MO6 as master keyboard. It's connetted via DIN MIDI and there's not an expression pedal plugged in. I don't think it's a problem of polyphony limits because i've played my Krome for nearly eight years without midi connection and without any problem, not even playing ten voices together.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internal SD card may be suffering from bit rot. Replacing it with a new card might help. No guarantees, but if the keyboard is eight years old, and the issue has only just started, there is a reasonable chance that replacing the card may help. There have been several posts about this in the Krome section of the forum. See e.g:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89650

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=117474

Another possible cause is a power supply going bad, and not delivering stable power to the keyboard. Replacing the AC power adapter might help, but before doing that, cleaning the power jack contacts, and checking the power supply cable to the Krome, is worth doing. Beyond these two measures, the next steps might involve replacing internal boards in the Krome, or sending it to Korg for repair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: