Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nautilus Sound cuts off
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzz314

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed v1.3.2 (latest as of 04/27/23) - did not correct problem Crying or Very sad
Alp

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem. I have the nautilus 88 key. I have had the keyboard new since oct 2021.
I usually play program A000, nautilus Grand , and get the drop out quite frequently. I think it is getting worse with time.

Today after booting up and playing it happened a few times over about 10 minutes. I recalled seeing something like this in the korg forum, so checked this forum and found the problem is exactly as seen/heard in another post .

So I tried program A001 and A002 for what seemed liike more than enough time for the problem to happen again and it did not.
I went back to A000 and the problem happned again right away.

In the mean time.... I have seen the previous message saying that the SSD had to be replaced. how do I verify if this is the problem I am having?
Is there a way to test the integrity of the SSD? It was my understanding that when an SSD failed it failed suddenly and totally.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several software tools for that but the SSD needs to be tested externally. So you would first need to remove it from your Nautilus and there are basic precautions to take to avoid damaging the SSD from things like ESD, etc. Also, there are different types of faults which can occur. For example, I've once seen a damaged SSD still working but as if it were ROM - nothing could be written on it anymore even though only half filled. The CrystalDisk test software was showing impossibly high write speeds, which basically means : SSD kaput. Cool
Buzz314

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg advised to reinstall the OS. I was able to re-install the initial factory OS. But this created a different problem. After a few seconds to a few minutes of playing the keyboard goes completely silent - no sound from any sound engines. A reboot restores the audio but keyboard goes silent again shortly thereafter. My keyboard is at the shop for warranty repair. Crying or Very sad
Alp

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the problem happening several times yesterday, I decieded to try to record a video and send it to korg support.

After 45 minutes or so of playing and recording video, the problem did not get recorded.
The camera records for 20 minutes then stops, so it took more than one recording over 45 minutes. And wouldn't you know it... once, after the camera finished one of it's 20 minutes recordings and stopped.... the problem happend briefly for about 2 seconds.
And I could not get it to happen again.

The solution to this problem seems to be to point a video recording device at the keyboard and record.....

Sorry, I am going to blow a gasket, just letting off steam.
I will get that recording and I WILL get it to Korg.

Alp
Nauti_TobiasW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Nautilus Sound cuts off Reply with quote

Hi tepa59,

did it help to replace the Nautilus? I have the same problem and am considering sending the unit in for repair.

Thanks,

tepa59 wrote:
tepa59 wrote:
I've had a problem with my Nautilus for a few weeks, it's pretty clear in the video. https://youtu.be/F0q6BYHZIcs
It's not a specific sound issue, nor is it a specific key issue. It also occurs when I'm not using the damper pedal. Nevertheless, I have already tried several pedals. I controlled the Nautilus via an external keyboard via Midi, the problem persists. Oddly enough, it always occurs when I haven't played anything for a few minutes, everything is usually back to normal after a few seconds, and if I then play without interruption, nothing happens anymore. Maybe someone has experienced something similar, at Korg they couldn't explain the problem themselves. I currently need the Nautilus every day and won't be able to give it to a workshop for two months...

After the problem with my Nautilus could not be solved by Korg, I contacted Korg support again today and received the following answer: "Currently it can be assumed that compared to the Nautilus models sold worldwide these are isolated cases in which the temporary phenomenon you describe occurs. According to new findings that we have, the cause of the affected instruments is probably due to a tolerance in the built-in SSD module. Since this complaint is a repeat case, we advocate an exchange of the device so that you can have access to a technically error-free instrument as quickly as possible." So I will get a new Nautilus and hopefully have no more problems...
mate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it difficult if you open the back cover of the Korg Nautilus?

Is this a problem with every Korg Nautilus?
Alp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alp wrote:
I am having the same problem. I have the nautilus 88 key. I have had the keyboard new since oct 2021.
I usually play program A000, nautilus Grand , and get the drop out quite frequently. I think it is getting worse with time.

Today after booting up and playing it happened a few times over about 10 minutes. I recalled seeing something like this in the korg forum, so checked this forum and found the problem is exactly as seen/heard in another post .

So I tried program A001 and A002 for what seemed liike more than enough time for the problem to happen again and it did not.
I went back to A000 and the problem happned again right away.

In the mean time.... I have seen the previous message saying that the SSD had to be replaced. how do I verify if this is the problem I am having?
Is there a way to test the integrity of the SSD? It was my understanding that when an SSD failed it failed suddenly and totally.

I emailed korg. I wish I could find the email and the response...
They told me to update to the newest firmware.
After the update, The problem seems to be happening less. But I HAVE heard it happen since on 3 occasions. It happened 5 minutes ago.
I have been trying to capture it on video, but so far every time it happens the camera is not running. And today was no exception. The new firmware update does NOT fix the issue, but it is not happeneing as much as it used to.
It should NOT be happening at all!!!
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
As a Nautilus 88 owner who has not had this problem occur so far, my question is can I find out what SSD is installed in my Nautilus without opening it up (something I would not like to do). Can the SSD make and model details be seen on the screen ?
Chris
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
As a Nautilus 88 owner who has not had this problem occur so far, my question is can I find out what SSD is installed in my Nautilus without opening it up (something I would not like to do). Can the SSD make and model details be seen on the screen ?
Chris

Hi

Brand name is Buffalo SSD . It's very low quality 😕

Best regards
Mehran
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mehran, thanks for the reply but unfortunately it does not answer my question. I need to know if you can find out what make & model the SSD is by going through the screen menus. I bought my Nautilus 88 as a used model so I'm not sure if the previous owner changed the SSD.
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi Mehran, thanks for the reply but unfortunately it does not answer my question. I need to know if you can find out what make & model the SSD is by going through the screen menus. I bought my Nautilus 88 as a used model so I'm not sure if the previous owner changed the SSD.

Please check this photo . This is the nautilus SSD model

https://k9l9ryb.media.bublupmcdn.com/0B2m1XH9LKA5ZQ53I5atkw/images/full_007-im-a062e451-a7e6-4744-a43e-010af6700028.jpg
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:

From screen menu 🤨🤨🤨 I don't know because I don't have nautilus. I have just pa5x 76

I decide to buy nautilus 73 too 😻
Buzz314

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Nautilus 88 is back in the repair shop for the 2nd time in 2 months. No Audio output fault condition. It can be triggered is several different ways. I was fortunate to capture the fault on video. The repair center is going back and forth with Korg to determine what to replace.They are trying to decide between the motherboard, CPU board, or RAM board. Gotta wonder if Kronos had these types of problems when initially released. Also, very curious how similar/dissimilar the Nautilus hardware architecture is to the Kronos architecture.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic, anybody find after the latest OS update that the cut-off issues are corrected?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: