Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfer Sound Libraries from Kronos to Nautilus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Smith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject: Transfer Sound Libraries from Kronos to Nautilus Reply with quote

To everyone who can support in following question:

As an original owner of a Kronos I recently switched to the lighter Nautilus, since I was tired of carrying 35 kgs back and forth every week between the cellar in my House to the rehearsal room.

Now that I updated the Nautilus' OS to 1.2 I know that it can also play sounds from Kronos. But instead of buying them from Kronos shop (since I already bought them some years ago with the Kronos), I would like to know if it is possible to transfer them.
If yes, is there any instructions to do so?

Thanks!
Mr_Smith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry; I mean of course the factory sounds in Kronos, not the ones that I purchased separately Wink
aellison62

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the only way to get the factory programs from Kronos into the Nautilus is by purchasing the EXs 315 - 320 expansions from Korg Shop. Some of the original Kronos programs are already in Nautilus. And Nautilus has some newer programs that aren't in Kronos. I suppose you could copy the PCG from your Kronos and load in specific programs you want and then "fix" them in the Nautilus (usually the mutisamples don't line up correctly) but the actual programs parameters (LFOs, envelopes, pitch bend, etc. etc. etc.) transfer OK. I have done this with a select few programs with my Kronos and Nautilus (usually user programs)
mgiac

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I'm not wrong...
I can load into Nautilus PCG of Kronos, with Setlist, Program, Combi, etc. but the problem is that if I have not EXs 315-320, the multisamples in HD-1 don't line up correctly.
But programs with EP-1, AL-1, MOD-7, CX-3, ... (other than HD-1 and SGX-2) should be OK, correct?
Can you confirm that I can load Set List of kronos? This is very important for me
Thank you!
aellison62

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven’t done what you are wanting to do so I can’t confirm it. I suggest you do a backup (save all) of your Nautilus and just try what you are wanting to do. If it turns out that it works, great, if not, just load your backup save and no worries. I follow your train of thought and suppose it has a chance of working but really am not sure.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos programs could be load in Nautilus. Also HD-1. The problem is a different PCM order and some PCM that not exist in Nautilus. Other think, some PCM offsets number was deleted and some programs are slightly different. EXi programs could be load without any problem.
I not recommend to load the Kronos Global settings due a different Category order and name.
Rockitman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject: Nautilus programs to Kronos Reply with quote

I currently am setting up my Kronos and now a Nautilus to have the same Setlist / combos and programs. I can copy a Kronos program or combi to Nautilus and fix them as necessary. However I cannot copy Nautilus programs or combos to Kronos. Is there a way to copy nautilus to kronos?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: