Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I use my songs and setlists on another PA?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H.I.M

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject: How do I use my songs and setlists on another PA? Reply with quote

All my songs and setlists are on my PA4x in my music room setup for virtual online performing. I use that setup for creating songs and lists.
I'm going to start playing out more often and want to use those songs and lists on my PA1000.
I don't want to have to disconnect the PA4x and lug it around every time I go out to play.
What's the best way yo do this?
Is there a way to put the songs/lists on a USB drive or stick?
When I create a new song/list can I do it on the USB so I don't have to keep updating the PA1000 every time I go out?
Thanks!
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:41 pm    Post subject: pa4 to pa1000 Reply with quote

What I did to make it easy to use the PA 4 and the PA 1000 was update my PA 1000 to be a PA4.

I loaded the PA 1000 with all the PA four styles of course you could always do a factory reset on the PA 1000 to get those styles back or the setup but I made a backup of it so I could use it as a direct file.

The PA four has 12 style banks the PA 1000 has 11 so I had to leave one style bank out and for me that was the traditional one.
From the traditional one I only used three styles out of it so I copied those into the World Bank which there are styles that I use more there you could use it differently if you like.

I loaded the PA 1000 pop bank with the pa4 pop bank.. And so on so each style bag matches the PA 4 but now they all are in the PA 1000 in the correct place..

So the songs that I made-up and the PA 4X well now match and the PA 1000 perfectly.

song book

songbook that I made in the PA 4 will load with no trouble into the PA 1000 so the styles and the song match up perfectly.
I did the same for the keyboard sets each keyboard set on both machines are identical and work just fine.. Yes the keyboard set from the PA 1000 I raced dump them out if you had to you could always load them back but I wanted consistently so if I went for a trumpet sound on the PA 1000 it was in the same place as on the PA 4 no headaches if I have to change keyboards.
As far as saving songs you have to be neat about it I have all of my MP threes in one folder I have all of my MIDI in one folder.
So when the songbook points to a song whether it's MIDI or MP3 it goes to the right folder again works perfect no headaches.
User banks I have three banks of styles that are linked to songs.
The PA 1000 has user banks and no favorite banks so to get around that all I did was put all of my styles in user bank 1-2 and three that's a lot of styles..
Songs that look for a user bank now match up perfectly. The PA 4 has a lot of favorite banks and only three user banks and those banks are the ones that I use for both machines..

When I do a full set backup on either machine it loads everything's in the right place.

So if I make a song up or style up and the PA 4 and save it like always when I loaded into the PA 1000 everything matches up perfectly.
On the PA4 the first Bank of the harmonizer is where I put my hey presets and when I load that into the PA 1000 the first eight come in perfectly..

I do not load global to either keyboard.
That's the only drawback but you don't need to change that all the time.
thing that work perfect or.

Keyboard sets multi sampling the pads PCM songbook sounds styles all work perfectly.
Just the global in Qatar presets do not I haven't played with those I don't need to in my case..
I wanted both keyboards to be the same so no matter which one I took there was no hassle no trouble..

You can download my set or I changed all the styles of the PA 1000 to match the PA 4 and try it out..

If you try my stuff play safe do a full backup of both keyboards so you can get back to what you have done before you modified or changed tell the new setup so you have nothing to lose by just loading in my PA 1000 set.
Getting my set I have PCM in there that will work on both machines sound effects foghorns dogs barking babies crying Elvis Presley all kind of strange things you could check it out they're already done for you.

Remember back up first
I did post some other setups if you search you'll find that I have a few of them out there but I believe this is the one that you will need for what you wanna do.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/emgx8gi81aaikao/mix%20pa4-pa1000.SET.rar

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113805&highlight=duby2

let me know how it works out for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/emgx8gi81aaikao/mix%20pa4-pa1000.SET.rar

Smile
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:43 pm    Post subject: pa4 to pa1000 Reply with quote

Whatever keyboard I use as an example I used the PA 1000 for one month straight can I add songs and make stuff up on it all I have to do is save it onto a USB stick and when I use the PA 4 I just load that stick in and it's the same and it works perfect.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject: pa4 to pa1000 Reply with quote

If you get a PA5X none of this stuff will work in it you'll have to buy two of them for that convenience.

korg says are going to try to make it compatible but it's highly unlikely and if they ever do get around to it the PA 5 by then we'll be outdated.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject: pa4 to pa1000 Reply with quote

OK try this very simple make a backup of your PA 1000 and your core PA 4X..
Here is a link for my two keyboards that are identical.

So if you load in my PA 1000 into yours and you also then load in the PA 4 set in your keyboard.

And put the two keyboards side by side and go through the styles song list pads in so on they match up perfectly.

The vocal harmonizer does not load in correctly but as you see it has all the same functions and settings pass the PA 1000 and the PA 4X I only used the first eight setups that's all I need but you could make more if you like..

Keyboard set I took the original factory keyboard sets pick the sounds that I liked and used them to the mover section trumpet trombone whatever it may be they're all in the user section under their keyboard set.
I do not wanna look through the trumpet section with 50 or 60 trumpet sounds I have two or three that I like those are the ones that I copied over to use I don't wanna have to search through page after page after page especially when you're working and you only use a certain number of them
Then I removed the factory keyboard sets and just kept my user ones which I did then transfer to the factory set on the keyboard so when I push a keyboard set I don't have to go to user it's already set on factory so all my sounds are there nice and easy..

My user sounds or keyboard set match up perfectly on each one. check it out
Songbook.
Songbook is identical in each keyboard also when I pick a song and it has a harmony link to it or a key change or transposed link to it it will work in both songbooks I do not need to go and edit the other keyboard it carries everything over perfectly.
For my music or songs I keep them in separate folders.
As I said before all MIDI songs are in one folder and all MP3 or karaoke are in one folder.
All of my music is on an SD card both keyboards have an identical SD card so if I add new songs all I have to do is just copy them to the new SD card both cards are identical to each other this way when I pick a MIDI song it knows to go to a MIDI folder and pick that song same with MP3.
Now if you load my PA 1000 set in the korg PA 4 set from the download here..
You can load it in and test out my songbook but you do not have my SD card with all the MIDI folders or MP3 folders but the user styles and songs should work for you.
If you pick a MIDI song or an MP3 songs you will come up with an error, only because you need SD card that looks like mine and I made a backup of each in case it dies out you never know.

So when I edit a keyboard or add a new song play new sound or a new sample all I have to do after saving it just plug it in the other keyboard and do a load everything's all set and done let me know if it works out for you it did for me.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/klpku8t67lyekd7/p1000-pa4x.SET.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v8811kmak9kfl87/pa4x-pa1000.SET.rar/file

let me know how it works out.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: