Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Sound On One Of The Style Tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patpsc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject: No Sound On One Of The Style Tracks Reply with quote

Hello all,

When in style edit mode, one of my tracks (Acc4) produces no sound at all even though its volume is all the way up. I've checked everywhere in the style menu even the sound expression control nob, but I could not determined why there's no sound. Did I miss the on/off switch that is hidden somewhere or anything?

Also, is there a way to adjust one track volume and all the rest of the track's volumes will follow relatively at the same time?

Thank you.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried assigning a different instrument to Acc4 to see if that works?
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
patpsc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've tried to assign other instruments to this Acc4 track but still no sound when I played it. I also noticed that on some of my other styles, the Acc4 has sound when I played it, however, its volume is so low (about 30%). It looks like the expression CC11 was set too low, but I checked that it has the same setting as other Acc tracks.

I even go into the event mode and saw that CC11 was greyed out and I can not delete it or insert another CC11 to add new value.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: No Sound On One Of The Style Tracks Reply with quote

patpsc wrote:
.. in style edit mode, one of my tracks (Acc4) produces no sound at all even though its volume is all the way up ...

Also in style edit mode the prerequisite for transporting a track's MIDI events via MIDI to the internal soundmachine is to set this track to "Both" or "Internal" in the track controls.
If your Acc4 is set to "External" no sound can be heared.

Another reason may be if "Dry" is not activated for Acc4 in StylePlay/MixerTuning. So Acc4 events only use "wet" signal flow thru FX processor that maybe zero in case
of zero FX-sends.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
patpsc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem Solved!!!

Thank you all for pointing me to the possible sources of this issue. I finally found out that the audio output of Acc4 was assigned to Out 1+2 instead of L+R. That's why I didn't hear any sound from Acc4 coming out from the headphone or main out L+R.

Also, the "Expression" value will increase or decrease the loudness of the track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: