Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOT OK
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzmcm : False alarm caused by giff's link and Java Script of my website , I have certificate of security (Let's Encrypt) for wavesart , completely safe !

Qui , witch of illustrated buttons in video have this issue present ? please name them !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

Qui , witch of illustrated buttons in video have this issue present ? please name them !

Pad 1, 2, 3 and 4 in this video, at the top of the knobs you can see the grey artifacts
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , from what I can distinguish , intensity of all leds is the same , scanning frequency is very fast over 1 KHz and eyes can't see that
all RGB colors are changing in duty circle that eyes can see only one per tab.
In Pads 1-3 , I can see an upper shape that looks like plastic artifact and not led non uniform brightness ...
It's like plastic was overheated and was deformed , but this is not true since temperature there is definitely lower than 40 degrees , so
indeed very strange visual phenomenon and I don't think that leds are in real danger since brightness RMS is equal for all ...

This requires a vary experienced technician to open front panel , see natural structure of Led & plastic and measure voltage and PCM values ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely a hardware issue. I would like to see Korg acknowledge it and commit to fixing it.

lt actually looks to me like it's a defect in some sort of film/plastic in between the LED and the button top, rather than with the LED itself. Hoping Korg addresses this soon.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dmkeys wrote:
This is definitely a hardware issue. I would like to see Korg acknowledge it and commit to fixing it.

lt actually looks to me like it's a defect in some sort of film/plastic in between the LED and the button top, rather than with the LED itself. Hoping Korg addresses this soon.

Yes, I think you are right, I examined closer with a HQ Jeweller's loop (30x36) and I can see tiny scuff marks on the inside surface which has matt finish, magnified this looks like a soft graphite pencil marks.

Last edited by D575 on Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a repeat of the PA2x and THOSE LED issues!! Or mebbe not quite as bad.
mlavio829

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get their LED buttons fixed? Did they contact Korg?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: