Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Distortion in all outputs 1-4 + L/R + Headphones DAC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: yes your'e right Reply with quote

deliad wrote:
but anyway, can you tell me the price for klm-3002 board?

PartIsParts doesn't have it and korg.com forward to them

korg UK doesn't sell parts anymore...

I cannot. I'm not a Korg service center. (Yamaha, Roland, Kawai, etc.)
Locate and make contact with a KORG service center, that's where to start.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a first step, before contacting a service center directly, I'd strongly encourage you to contact your national Korg Distributor - see the link in my signature. They may be able to help you to diagnose further - and it's always possible that it won't require a repair after all.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You state Korg UK does not sell parts any longer ?

There must be parts available for customers which would include users and techs or do you mean that Korg UK like Yamaha UK have farmed out spares to a third party?
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you absolutely sure it is not noise being injected from the analog ins?
tcornishmn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me this problem was likely caused by the Kronos being connected via 1/4" TRS to XLR cables to a sound system with phantom power turn on for the Kronos inputs.

As others have mentioned, using a DI box or other isolating device is a good idea.
francopiano

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem.
if I keep the volume control under half I have no distortion, (except some electric piano), but over half of the volume, any sound distorts.
I also contacted Korg italy, to which I have uploaded some files with the records will sound which clearly shows the distortion, but I did not have important information, if not get the keyboard into a service center for testing.
Currently, I'm using it .... I avoid exceeding the 50% of the volume .... and everything works.
I had a oasys76 earlier, another sound...much better
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francopiano wrote:
I have the same problem.
if I keep the volume control under half I have no distortion, (except some electric piano), but over half of the volume, any sound distorts.

What happens if you listen through headphones?
What device is the Kronos connected to, and what is its maximum input level?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
salomao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Distortion in all outputs 1-4 + L/R + Headphones Reply with quote

miljantoto wrote:
deliad wrote:
HI,

I have noticed digital distortion when my volume is bit before than 12 o'clock and up…

Can you suggest me what board has been damage?

This digital distortion coming from all rom/ram sounds on all outputs 1-4 + L/R + Headphones

Thanks

I asked the same question long time ago but everybody
try to convince me that I do not hear very well and that is what I'm talking about is not possible. ?????? Unfortunately, many around the world have this problem with Kronos distortion sound .
It is always easier to hide such things and do not admit.
I'm sad that "someone heard and some do not"
I wish someone help you but I have lost hope because everyone ridiculed when I say that Kronos has a serious problem with that

I have this exact same problem and searched for help all over the foruns with no luck!

I even send my KRONOS to the official dealer in my coutry. They said they changed a few things and tryed replacing all parts (including the main board) but the problem remains!
salomao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Distortion in all outputs 1-4 + L/R + Headphones Reply with quote

miljantoto wrote:
deliad wrote:
HI,

I have noticed digital distortion when my volume is bit before than 12 o'clock and up…

Can you suggest me what board has been damage?

This digital distortion coming from all rom/ram sounds on all outputs 1-4 + L/R + Headphones

Thanks

I asked the same question long time ago but everybody
try to convince me that I do not hear very well and that is what I'm talking about is not possible. ?????? Unfortunately, many around the world have this problem with Kronos distortion sound .
It is always easier to hide such things and do not admit.
I'm sad that "someone heard and some do not"
I wish someone help you but I have lost hope because everyone ridiculed when I say that Kronos has a serious problem with that

I have this exact same problem and searched for help all over the foruns with no luck!

I even send my KRONOS to the official dealer in my coutry. They said they changed a few things and tryed replacing all parts (including the main board) but the problem remains!
Rigel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..then it is clear that the distortion stems from your signal path or your electromagnetic environment.
Korg KronosX73, Kurzweil PC3K6, Roland V-Synth GT, Kawai K5000S, Waldorf Blofeld, Novation Ultranova, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha HS80M, Boss Micro BR80, Zoom H6, Sony PCM D100, Tascam DP32SD, Mackie 1202VLZ4, Zoom MS-70CDR, Rode NT1, Sony MDR 7506.
jantoman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject: distortion - mute buffer circuit Reply with quote

My Kronos 61 1st gen began to generate distorsion years ago. A friend told me he had the same Kronos, so I went in his studio where we recorded both keyboards using a french horn sound that showed the distorsion pretty well: we recorded four audio tracks, from L-R analog out and from digital out. The latter were quite identical, while the analog track from my keyboard was apparently distorted. Back in my home lab I found out the issue was in KLM-3005 board, specifically in the Mute circuit: that was rather easy, but then I went nuts trying to spot the faulty component... until I got the chance to check a good KLM-3005 from another Kronos and measured on Q606's collector a negative 12v tension... on my board that tension was oscillating from -5 to -8 volts. I already checked that bloody transistor many times, with different measurement devices (multimeter, scope, transistor tester...) and it seemed ok... but it was definitely faulty. When I finally replaced it with a new one, I got back the proper -12v on the collector and the distortion was finally gone. That was hard...
If your're interested to check it out, the Mute circuit is shown on page 21 of the service manual.

Last edited by jantoman on Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: distortion - mute buffer circuit Reply with quote

jantoman wrote:
If you're interested to check it out...

Interesting problem and diagnostic indeed. It's too bad that the Kronos service manual doesn't include all the essential test voltages at critical test points. Since the product is discontinued, Korg should offer a more complete service manual with such info to download from their site.

By the same token, I recently ordered a set of contacts for my Kronos, as those are among components which can fail after a number of years in any digital keyboard. The tech told me it was his last set, so it looks like Kronos parts are getting quite hard to find.
Drummond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sold together with 3 other jack boards, in a common PCB in which you detach the pieces you need. KLM-3005/6/8/9 In Brazil, from Korg's official partner, I paid around 230 dollars.
Korg Kronos 88 (288gb+3gb), Korg Kronos X 61, Alesis Fusion 6HD (60gb+384mb), Hammond XK1c, Moog Slim Phatty, Behringer Model D, Access Virus B, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation X-Station 61, Korg Trinity Pro (with Solo-Tri), Compac Univox II, Casio MT600 and PT82.
ehasting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same issue and was thinking ordering up a new board.
is it easy to replace? or does it need soliding

(i am currently using the optical to a DA converter)

Rgs
Egil Hasting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: