Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Pitch Effect?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:12 am    Post subject: Kronos Pitch Effect? Reply with quote

This is quite a useful effect I'm been playing around with. on the MFX it can change the entire mood of the song while leaving it intact without mangling it.

Some other pitch effects I've used on other workstation/samplers seem to have a stuttering or lagged sort of effect but on the Kronos it's smooth.

One problem I've ran into though is that the Kronos seems to add a sort of "echo delay" when using the pitch effect that makes the song lose sonic value.

I've been trying to figure out how to fix this but it seems to be set in stone as the way the Kronos pitch effect operates. Other machines I tried keep the integrity of the song intact but add some sort of "digital stuttering" which doesn't sound so smooth.

I'd rather stick with tinkering on the Kronos but am curious if anyone using the pitch effect has found out a formula to restore the sonic quality of their song while using this effect?

Of course I'm going to spend all weekend on this without a doubt till I'm satisfied but I'm curious if anyone else has worked out this problem while using the pitch effect on MFX?

I know a very specific question probably won't get any answers but I thought I'd try. The effects on the Kronos is almost like a different world of its own that follows it's own rules. The ability it has to really sculpt your sounds is incredible but it seems like a lot of trial and error goes into getting it right.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazerunner wrote :

"One problem I've ran into though is that the Kronos seems to add a sort of "echo delay" when using the pitch effect"

Bizarre : never happens wth my Kronos.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Blazerunner for my previous post : I was thinking about the pitch in MIDI.
And yes I agree with you : the pictche ffect is a disaster.

And it is one reason (within many others) that makes me use my Kronos with a DAW.
I will continue on and on and on and on to say how SEQUOIA DAW is a grandiose marvel.

☀️♫🐦⭐🐬

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
Sorry Blazerunner for my previous post : I was thinking about the pitch in MIDI.
And yes I agree with you : the pictche ffect is a disaster.

And it is one reason (within many others) that makes me use my Kronos with a DAW.
I will continue on and on and on and on to say how SEQUOIA DAW is a grandiose marvel.

☀️♫🐦⭐🐬

Hello KronoSphere,

Yeah it's cool and irritating at the same time. I fumbled around with stuff. I ended up running the entire song with the pitch effect I wanted into my MPC and then feeding it back into the Kronos and then copying the track. That 40% worked to get some of the value back. I know this is one of those things were a DAW is superior. Crying or Very sad I feel like half the headaches I have with the Kronos a good DAW could solve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: