Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ asena
Os version 2 for event is coming soon and it works great as i ve been told.

personally i am waiting for yamaha to come out with genos 2 ,otherwise i will choose either event or medeli.... pa5x is out of my plans,as it still has quite many bugs.

Just for a minute, i was thinking of buying it ,that could be the easiest way to upgrade since i have a lot of pa4x styles and sounds

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
JagiChan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Korg™ Pa5X vs Medeli™ AKX10 |: COMPARISON :- Conclusion Reply with quote

NETWORK1 wrote:
Very interesting considering the price-difference is HUGE

The sound of the Medeli sounds flat and uninteresting. NO comparison to the full-bodied sound of the Korg PA5X.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Korg™ Pa5X vs Medeli™ AKX10 |: COMPARISON :- Conclusion Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
The sound of the Medeli sounds flat and uninteresting. NO comparison to the full-bodied sound of the Korg PA5X.[/b]

Yes, I tend to agree, but if the Medeli had the Pa5X sound engine, it might very well be over for Korg.
JagiChan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Korg™ Pa5X vs Medeli™ AKX10 |: COMPARISON :- Conclusion Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
JagiChan wrote:
The sound of the Medeli sounds flat and uninteresting. NO comparison to the full-bodied sound of the Korg PA5X.[/b]

Yes, I tend to agree, but if the Medeli had the Pa5X sound engine, it might very well be over for Korg.

Not quite correct. Getting the PA5X sound engine into the Medeli would result in almost the same engineering effort, which will eventually push the price of the Medeli close to that of the PA5X, that one would consider buying the PA5X for a few more bucks given that the build quality of the PA5X is far superior to that of the Medeli.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Korg™ Pa5X vs Medeli™ AKX10 |: COMPARISON :- Conclusion Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
D575 wrote:
JagiChan wrote:

Not quite correct. Getting the PA5X sound engine into the Medeli would result in almost the same engineering effort, which will eventually push the price of the Medeli close to that of the PA5X, that one would consider buying the PA5X for a few more bucks given that the build quality of the PA5X is far superior to that of the Medeli.

I agree the aesthetics and quality of PA5X are of course superior ...

But, if Medeli decided in the future to take the next step and produce a high-end Flagship Model, then judging by their mid priced offering, i am sure people world welcomes some stiff competition considering Korgs complacency with PA5X todate...

And remember, the Yamaha Genos is plastic, which includes a higher price tag, without the Korg exterior quality and finish.
NETWORK1
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

left the sinking ship

Last edited by NETWORK1 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
NETWORK1
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

left the sinking ship

Last edited by NETWORK1 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NETWORK1"]Why would the MEDELI-company, allow the THOMANN-company
to place their own company LOGO, on their product ................

Its a mystery...........................Double profit ?

with Christmas 8 weeks away...... must be a sure way to increase SALES

https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_ak_x1100.htm]

Because Medeli perceives that as a way to increase their sales? Interestingly Thomann advertises the product as a lower end product for students etc.

Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more interesting, the file "no longer exists".
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: