Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi USB Adaptor volume control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernie9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject: Midi USB Adaptor volume control Reply with quote

I have a win 10 laptop Midi player going into my Pa4X midi jack. Is there a way to balance the SMF and keyboard. I see an MP3 control but not midi. I suppose I have to control volume of the laptop independently, but it is not doable live.

I have volume control wheels for headphone outs, but not USB. but I would rather use keyboard sounds.

Thanks,
Bernie
Hammond SK1
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject: Keyboard expression to control volume Reply with quote

Bernie9 wrote:
I have a win 10 laptop Midi player going into my Pa4X midi jack. Is there a way to balance the SMF and keyboard...

No, you can not balance a Midi volume events of your Midi Player like you can do with Audio volume.

The overall volume and the volume of the SMF played is determined by the Pa4x's volume control, but you can use an expression pedal for your Pa4x to balance your keyboard sounds.

(Keyboard Expression = relative Volume of the Keyboard Sounds. All the other Sounds will not be varied)

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Bernie9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information. I now know what I can't do, and the alternate solution was, of course correct, but not satisfactory. I decided the extra information in Notation Composer is not worth the hassle. I can get by fine playing Midis direct through the Pa4X,

I am thankful to you and others on this forum that bail me out when something comes up.
Hammond SK1
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

On like PA 4 or PA 1000 just turned a balance knob and you're done.
Bernie9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but that was the first thing I did.
Hammond SK1
Bernie9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I must have a bad jack. I will use a mixer for vocal for the time being,
Hammond SK1
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:38 pm    Post subject: Balance with extern SMF player - SongPlayMode only Reply with quote

Bernie9 wrote:
I think I must have a bad jack. I will use a mixer for vocal for the time being,

Setting of the general volume of the MP3 Songs is to balance the volume of MP3 Songs against that of MIDI Songs and Styles. This is not comparable to the volume settings of external sequencers and I think there are some misunderstandings.

It's true - as mentioned by Duby2 - "On like PA 4 or PA 1000 just turned a balance knob and you're done".

This also works with the internal Player1 and 2, but it does not work with an SMF that is played on an external player while the Pa4x/Pa1000 is in StylePlay mode.

But it also works with an external player if the Pa4x/Pa1000 is in SongPlay mode and in this mode it would also work with your laptop midi player
Program the BALANCE knob to adjust the accompaniment volume:

Balancing the accompaniment against the keyboard sounds ( default balance setting Accompaniment/Song - Keyboard Balance) will balance the KeyboardSound from Minimum to Maximum and simultaneously will balance Accompaniment/Song from Maximum to Minimum. That is to make the soloist stand out of the background or go back in the mix
OR
adjusting the volume level of the Accompaniment Sounds only (balance set to Accompaniment/SongVolume) will work as the Style and Song volume only (minimum to maximum) but the volume of the Keyboard Sounds will not change simultaneously.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Bernie9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great news. I shall give it a try. Thanks a lot.
Hammond SK1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: