Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading New PCG in Kronos - Determine Target Bank?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
average_male

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:08 am    Post subject: Loading New PCG in Kronos - Determine Target Bank? Reply with quote

Hello,

I got some PCG files from the Internets and was wondering how to determine the destination bank when loading these PCG files. Also, when loading these PCG files, the only option that is enabled is the, "Load PCG Contents" selection of the load dialog and this is defaulted to, "All" and I don't get the option to specify a target Bank/location. I end up loading, "All" and having the note the name of the PCG file and then perform a search for the patch name. I got a couple of such PCG files and seems the final target bank destination is random but consistently being place in a specific bank for each PCG file.

Thanks.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am wrong but if my memories serve me well : I used to enter into the PCG File and select the progs I wanted to (all or some of them) and then I put them in my desired bank
That's all
☀️♫

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
average_male

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
Maybe I am wrong but if my memories serve me well : I used to enter into the PCG File and select the progs I wanted to (all or some of them) and then I put them in my desired bank
That's all
☀️♫
So you are saying, load the PCG file, then some how locate the patch/PCG and then using the Korg OS functionality move the PCG/Patch to the desired location/bank? If so, guess the trick is how to determine where the PCG/Patch is loaded to.

Thanks.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I follow correctly, I think you are using the upper right menu command to load a PCG file. Instead, select it in the Disk mode list, then use the buttons in the lower part of the screen to navigate to what you want. In other words, click on Open to enter the selected file and then again to navigate inside it, or else click on Up to go back one level. If you do Open on the Programs or Combis sub-directory of a PCG file, you can then continue the same way to open just individuals Programs or Combis. Then you should be able to select exactly what and where you want to install everything. Hope this helps.
average_male

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Not sure if I follow correctly, I think you are using the upper right menu command to load a PCG file. Instead, select it in the Disk mode list, then use the buttons in the lower part of the screen to navigate to what you want. In other words, click on Open to enter the selected file and then again to navigate inside it, or else click on Up to go back one level. If you do Open on the Programs or Combis sub-directory of a PCG file, you can then continue the same way to open just individuals Programs or Combis. Then you should be able to select exactly what and where you want to install everything. Hope this helps.
I did go click the Disk button (didn't realize there was another way to load PCGs) then navigate to the USB drive where the PCG file resides. Sounds like you are saying that depending on where I was previously (Combi or Program) to clicking the Disk mode button and loading of the PCG, it would reflect/impact which Bank the PCG would be saved to?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simply that when you are in Disk mode, don't use the top right menu option to save items from a PCG file. Instead, select your file and first navigate through it with the blue Open and Up buttons at the bottom of the screen. Once you know what you want to save from the PCG file, click on the red Load button and decide where everything should go.

So, to save the entire file, just select it without navigating inside it and use the red Load button. But if you just want parts of it, go as deep as you want inside the file using the blue Open and Up buttons. Then use Load and you will always have the choice to save the stuff anywhere you prefer.

Oh and before you start anything, do not forget to backup everything with a Save All. Did I mention you should first do a backup ? Wink Take care.
average_male

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
It's simply that when you are in Disk mode, don't use the top right menu option to save items from a PCG file. Instead, select your file and first navigate through it with the blue Open and Up buttons at the bottom of the screen. Once you know what you want to save from the PCG file, click on the red Load button and decide where everything should go.

So, to save the entire file, just select it without navigating inside it and use the red Load button. But if you just want parts of it, go as deep as you want inside the file using the blue Open and Up buttons. Then use Load and you will always have the choice to save the stuff anywhere you prefer.

Oh and before you start anything, do not forget to backup everything with a Save All. Did I mention you should first do a backup ? Wink Take care.
Ah, I see now, thank you. Didn't realize that even though the .PCG file on Windows is a file and cannot be traversed into, on the Kronos it actually contains a nested set of files/directories and within the PCG it does note the bank destination. Got it now. Thanks again!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

average_male wrote:
Ah, I see now, thank you. Didn't realize that even though the .PCG file on Windows is a file and cannot be traversed into, on the Kronos it actually contains a nested set of files/directories and within the PCG it does note the bank destination. Got it now. Thanks again!

Glad I could be of some help. As you could see, you can send any single program or combi of a PCG file anywhere you want. You can also select multiple programs and combis and then choose the first location you want them to be appended to. So let's say you do a multiple select of 7 programs you like/want in a PCG, they will be added starting at the location you want, for example IA-077. So for multiple select saves, make sure that (following this example) locations IA-077 to IA-083 are empty, as you will erase their contents with the new selected programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: