Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BK-7m on Lowrey organ - split only on the lower manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olaferftstadt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject: BK-7m on Lowrey organ - split only on the lower manual Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, partly because I've only recently acquired a BK-7m. I bought the module because I want to modernize my recently purchased Lowrey organ (Sensation SE). Basically, I was able to connect the two devices and they play together as they should. However, it bothers me that when I switch on the split on the arranger module, not only the lower organ manual splits, but also the upper one. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to get the BK-7m to split only the lower manual. The upper manual of the organ is always split as well. However, I would prefer to be able to use this in full width. Perhaps one of you can tell me whether there is any way at all to make the setting the way I would like it. And if so, what would I have to do?

Perhaps I should also point out that the Lowrey organ only has very limited midi functionality. You can set the midi channel for the upper manual, the channel for the lower manual and one for the bass pedals. In addition there is also a setting "L.R Split" to which a Midi channel can also be assigned. So far, however, I have not been able to find out what this entry is for.

I hope someone here in the forum can help me with this.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings from Cologne/Germany,
Oliver
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth asking the question on a Roland forum.

olaferftstadt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It might be worth asking the question on a Roland forum.

Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy Shocked
That's why I like being a member of various forums, because you can always get help quickly here.
I quickly registered here yesterday during working hours because I wanted to have this problem solved, but I was doing my work on the side and didn't realize that I had landed in the wrong forum. Wink

Anyway, thank you very much for your advice. Without it, I would probably have wondered why no one replied to me.

Then I'll say goodbye to this forum and register in a forum for Roland instruments.

Best regards,
Oliver
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth sticking around here, as there has been some discussion of the BK-7m in the past, and quite a few Korg owners have Roland gear. I just thought it might improve your chances of getting a reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: