Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backup All Settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UCG Musician

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject: Backup All Settings Reply with quote

At some point, a number of libraries (some Korg, some 3rd Party) got loaded into the wrong banks on the Korg Kronos 88. Cakewalk files were playing the wrong sounds because the instrument definition file was pointing to the banks where I'd previously loaded them. I restored the libraries to the banks where they belong for my purposes but now I want to backup up everything in the same configuration. I do not know how to do this and am confused by tutorials on it.

Someone, please explain how to take everything loaded on my HDD internal drive and make a full backup of it. I assume I must do this on a flash drive?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everything you have right now in your Kronos is as you wish, simply go in Disk mode and in the upper right menu choose Save All. This will create a backup of your Programs and Combi and Global (PCG format).

Note that this doesn't create a backup of the whole Kronos SSD, which is not necessary anyway in 99 % of cases. So for this "normal" backup you can create a new directory on the Kronos SSD itself or choose to save it on a USB key as well, it is up to you. Note that to create a directory in Disk mode you must first select the Utility tab for the option to become available. Then you can create, name and enter this new directory (or any other of your choice), then choose the Save tab again in order for the Save All to become black (available) instead of grey.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the "Multiple Select" checkbox and copy all the files and folder to any external flash media.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you use the sequencer of your Kronos :

One can never be too careful: for each of my songs created with the Kronos sequencer (or each of my music, I create a folder which has the name of this song) and above all: if one of these songs uses wav files I include these wave file in the directory (and also the original audio files).

This is very important if you want to reload this song later as it was.

☀️♫

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: