Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA% Vocal Harmonizer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:49 am    Post subject: PA% Vocal Harmonizer Reply with quote

Hi all. It's been awhile since the PA5 came on market with a lot of problems. The main one for me was no EC5 pedal to on/off the vocal harmonizer when needed. Now I'm thinking about purchasing the 5 but wonder if Korg has come up with a fix to turn the vocalist on and off without using the finger?
Thanks

Chuck, Ohio, USA
Old fingers
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No your problem is not a korg problem because pa5x had been designed in the manner as it is. You can still use programmed button in User Area to turn the harmoniser ON /Off. It is quite convenient because now its on the left hand side.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chuck

Stick with the 4x unless you specifically need any of the new PA5x features (the ones that are actually working Wink )

EC5 foot control is perfect for me and I want a solution to it before I buy PA5x - I've been using the EC5 since my i3 (22 years ago) - why remove it from PA5x with no alternative?????

P Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mstodola

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pa4x and Pa5x are both great keyboards. I make lots of great sounding music on both of them. If you need the EC5 then stay with the Pa4x. I agree that the Behringer option is not really a replacement. I also like the dedicated knobs for the microphone and the knob to balance between keyboard and style/mp3 and the dedicated button for Bass Inversion which I use all the time on the Pa4x. But I like the new styles and pads and many other things on the Pa5x. It really is a very hard call when you are in an either/or situation. But like I said, they are both great sounding keyboards, so you aren't really missing anything if you stay with the Pa4x.
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: PA% Vocal Harmonizer Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Hi all. It's been awhile since the PA5 came on market with a lot of problems. The main one for me was no EC5 pedal to on/off the vocal harmonizer when needed. Now I'm thinking about purchasing the 5 but wonder if Korg has come up with a fix to turn the vocalist on and off without using the finger?
Thanks

Chuck, Ohio, USA

Assign one of the foot switches to turn it on and off.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject: Harmonizer Reply with quote

I use the same pedal as I did on the PA4X with no problem, just assign it
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
No your problem is not a korg problem because pa5x had been designed in the manner as it is. You can still use programmed button in User Area to turn the harmoniser ON /Off. It is quite convenient because now its on the left hand side.

First to add to pawlikp100 response, high light the user button left of screen. Touch view button til it lights up the lower row. You will notice from left to right, Mic On then Harmony. Two really easy buttons to hit when you want to engage microphone and the harmony voices. Additionally, Mic preset is the next button in that line. These are very quick and easy ways of achieving what you want while playing in my opinion. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that is perfect for those who are happy to press buttons whilst playing.
I have 7 pedals configured for my performances which leaves my hands freer (not being a brilliant player, I need this)
Had this setup for several years now...
So, with PA5x, I would be limited to 3 pedals.

OK, I understand that Korg is not going to design or change anything just for me so I have to consider pressing buttons if I go for the PA5x.
Korg could resolve this very easily with MIDI and hence the use of MIDI pedal like FCB1010....

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mstodola

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, I agree. Too many finger button pushes have to be practiced alot and never go smooth for me. But I wouldn't stress over not having a Pa5x. The Pa4x is a great keyboard both in sound and in function. So far, I don't see the Pa5x as an upgrade, just a different way of doing things. The Pad button are nice, but again it requires more fingers off the keybed. That is definitely not a replacement.
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mstodola wrote:
Pete, I agree. Too many finger button pushes have to be practiced alot and never go smooth for me. But I wouldn't stress over not having a Pa5x. The Pa4x is a great keyboard both in sound and in function. So far, I don't see the Pa5x as an upgrade, just a different way of doing things. The Pad button are nice, but again it requires more fingers off the keybed. That is definitely not a replacement.

What can say people who must decide about switching from Yamaha Genos to Genos 2?
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
mstodola wrote:

What can say people who must decide about switching from Yamaha Genos to Genos 2?

Well the old saying " when you put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig" comes to mind. Rolling Eyes

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
korgpask

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved the article to EC5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: